We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

helpful hints

Boston...
Level Contributor
722 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
helpful hints

going to aruba 0ct.5-13 any suggestions...staying at raddison..good places for a good meal...maybe a massage or two..is spa at raddison open yet? questions on cell phone rental too...def. need that thanks in advance

Bridgewater, New...
Level Contributor
2,311 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: helpful hints

I like Madame Janette's for a good meal. Tuscany at the Marriott is also very good.

Bucks County...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia, Train Travel, Bucks County
Level Contributor
9,243 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: helpful hints

We liked Salt & Pepper, almost right across the the street from the Radisson. We also liked Gilligan's at the Radisson. Great spot for lunch. Do get the chocolate cake. Laguna at the Rad was great for breakfast, but there's no need to order the buffet- just order off the menu. Check out my review for more info (dated 9/2).

The spa/gym was getting close- the gym equipment was in place, but covered by sheets. Hard to say when it will be completed. You could be lucky...

Boston...
Level Contributor
722 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: helpful hints

thanks for the info....any been to mirandi is it worth it??

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,359 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: helpful hints

Marandi is one of our favorite restaurants in Aruba - both the food and ambiance are wonderful!

washington DC
Level Contributor
420 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: helpful hints

My wife and I agree, Mirandi's is very nice. Excellent service, open air, right on the beach looking at the sunset. The location is on a dirt road off the circle beyond the bridge by the Renaissance.

Other good restaurants include: Le Dome, Flying Fishbone, Gasparitos, and Salt & Pepper.

Long Island, NY
10 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: helpful hints

Hi Sheri - also staying at Rad Oct 6-13 and hoping the spa will be open. If not, can anyone recommend another spa close by? Also was wondering if this is a windy time of year? Never been to Aruba and really looking forward to it. Enjoy your stay -- and look for me!

Boston...
Level Contributor
722 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: helpful hints

thanks e-1 hoping to try mirandi...i hope the spa will be ready too...if not i heard good things about hyatt and manchebo beach,also been to wyndham spa before...very nice

Illinois City...
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
3,715 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: helpful hints

A lot of people use Charles at the airport for cell phones. Don't miss Madamme Jeanette's. It was wonderful. The Driftwood is also excellent. Was not impressed with Salt & Pepper.

Texas de Brazil has a fantastic salad bar and they keep the meat coming to your table as long as you want.

Boston MA
Level Contributor
8 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: helpful hints

Don't pass up Aruba Destiny - great White Sangria . wonderful hosts. it's next to the mill. very romantic decor.

North Myrtle Beach...
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: helpful hints

We rented a phone from Charles at Aruba Fast Phones. $50.00 for 1 hour. Came in handy as we called daily to my dad to see how he was feeling. Picked up the phone on our way out of the airport. When arriving at the airport for departure, all you do is go to his kiosk and return the phone. We will definitely to this again.

Get answers to your questions about Palm - Eagle Beach