We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ritz questions

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
590 posts
14 reviews
Ritz questions

Staying at Ritz and had a few questions for anyone that can help. I have read that there is a fridge in the rooms, but am confused whether it is an empty fridge or if its a stocked fridge that we have to pay for items. Obviously would prefer an empty one to keep beer,etc. Also, it seems as though the staff set up your beach umbrella and chairs on the beach. What is an appropriate tip for this service as I imagine we tip daily for this. Thanks!

Durham NC
Level Contributor
176 posts
42 reviews
1. Re: Ritz questions

Would also like to know... there in a few!!!!

Boston
Level Contributor
891 posts
17 reviews
2. Re: Ritz questions

I tip a $1 per chair that is set up on a daily basis.

We have stayed at almost all the hotels on Palm Beach, but I don't know if that tip is considered sufficient for the Ritz.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,663 posts
89 reviews
3. Re: Ritz questions

It's a mini-bar (stocked) in the rooms that you can purchase items from.

We always tip $1 per chair for the hotel beach attendants, too.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,797 posts
4. Re: Ritz questions

Because it's The Ritz I would give $5.00 for 2 chairs and a umbrella. You could "fib" and say your a diabetic and say you need a refrig.

Edited: 3:50 pm, August 06, 2014
Beverly Hills...
Level Contributor
2,900 posts
5. Re: Ritz questions

At $8 million per night, I would think they would give ya the dang fridge plus fill your bathtub with ice for the overflfow, eh?

2 chairs, umbrella and great smile...$5 works for me.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
165 reviews
6. Re: Ritz questions

If they go out of their way for you, and they often do, then tipping more than $5 is reasonable for two lounges and towels. I'd recommend that same tip at any place you stay... the people that don't work at the Ritz have to support their families too. Then again, I wouldn't stay anywhere other than the Ritz anymore.

Other folks are correct... the Ritz has refrigerators in the room in order to sell their own items. That is both reasonable and actually helpful for most guests. Maybe you can chill your own beer with the ice bucket?

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
629 posts
18 reviews
7. Re: Ritz questions

I heard a rumor that the Marriott might be taking over the Ritz?

Anybody else hear this?

Boston...
Level Contributor
875 posts
8. Re: Ritz questions

Marriott already owns the Ritz. All they have to do is change the name.

Boston...
Level Contributor
875 posts
9. Re: Ritz questions

Why would you tip the beach attendant more just because it's a Ritz?

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
629 posts
18 reviews
10. Re: Ritz questions

No I would not but if it is no longer a Ritz I am sure the nightly room rates would go down.

Edited: 2:18 pm, January 31, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Palm - Eagle Beach