We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

illness from traveling to Aruba

Which Palm - Eagle Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new yrok
Level Contributor
181 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
illness from traveling to Aruba

Getting a little nervous. A friend mentioned that she read on a message board that many people get sick when traveling to Aruba.

I personally have been reading all these message boards, and nothing is ever mentioned, so I am quite hesitant to believe.

I was told to watch out for eating fresh fruit, salad, water, etc. Plus mosquito's caring diseases where people get very bad flu.

Help!!! Has anyone ever had any problems, or can confirm any problems.

Sometimes too much message board reading can drive you crazy!!!!

Edited: 10:59 am, February 06, 2014
Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
293 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: illness from traveling to Aruba

PLMike, that cracked me up!

It's because I switched from Folger's to Dunkin. ;)

new jersey
Level Contributor
325 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: illness from traveling to Aruba

never had a problem in Aruba, New Jersey, or Mexico or any other Vacation spot.

Hampshire, United...
1 post
Save Reply
43. Re: illness from traveling to Aruba

iv just returned from aruba, i got ill the day before traveling home and I was the roughest iv ever been, I was throwing up & had all the flu symptoms, I had to see a paramedic when I got back to London and he thought it was food poison. a week on and im better but still have bloody runny stools (sorry) and the doctor has ran a test to see if its a bug iv picked up from aruba. its easy for everyone to say no one gets ill in aruba but its nonsense you can get food poisoning anywhere, also while I was out there 3 ppl in my hotel where ill with a sickness type bug, but you run the risk of this where ever you go and id say your less likely to get ill in aruba than most other places.

I got bit twice whiles being out there but my partner didt at all.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,426 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: illness from traveling to Aruba

I feel you @gemma, I just got over bad food poisoning that I picked up on vacation in LA. It happened a few years ago when I spent a week in London as well. That flight home from London was the worst flight I ever took. I was in the bathroom the entire flight. It's one if those kill me type of illnesses!

Woodbridge, New...
Level Contributor
194 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
45. Re: illness from traveling to Aruba

Hey @gemma I So sorry to hear you were ill... Where did you stay and/or eat the last few days of your trip?

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
113 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
46. Re: illness from traveling to Aruba

No one knows what your friend is talking about. I think they are thinking they were on another island and got sick, but not in aruba.

It is just so crazy to even make such a comment.

Boston...
5 posts
Save Reply
47. Re: illness from traveling to Aruba

Just wanted to let everyone know that 2 yrs ago in January my husband came down with Dungue fevor.

He was very ill and almost died. He was in intensive care for 10 days.. We where lucky that we made it back to the States, before he his symtoms appeared.

We never say a bug the whole time we where there, but they are out there so protect you selfs

This was our 15 trip and we still go, but with bug spray and we don't eat outside at dusk.

48. Re: illness from traveling to Aruba

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:07 pm, August 15, 2014
East Stroudsburg, Pa
Level Contributor
53 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
49. Re: illness from traveling to Aruba

Coming up on our 18th year. Never got sick and love the water. Last year I got alot of bites from what I expect was sand mites but other then itching no problem.

1 post
Save Reply
50. Re: illness from traveling to Aruba

I got sick eating at Texas de Brazil in Aruba it was such a good meal. I would go back but something Deff gave me diharea and a upset stomach for about 3 days now it's pretty bad. I have never had stomach or intestinal problems before.

Get answers to your questions about Palm - Eagle Beach