We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

a few Riu questions

Florida
Level Contributor
1,111 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
a few Riu questions

I've been to 8 RIU's and have always been pleased.

Besides other resorts...can you walk to anything? I see a lot of bus stops. Do a lot of tourists take the buses?

Is there pool volleyball? Pool games?

a real hot tub? not just a pool one with bubbles

Thanks for your help

Sudbury, Canada
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
2,431 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: a few Riu questions

We've stayed there twice, 4 years ago and 3 years ago, and at that time they had such things as acquasize and then the following year zumba as well. There was volleyball on the beach if I remember correctly. This all depended on getting enough people together, which for the water activities usually wasn't a problem.They had pool games in the afternoon, but I don't remember volleyball in the pool. I believe there was a hot tub. I had fun though and was happy staying there. Hope this helps.

Vancouver BC
Level Contributor
3,947 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: a few Riu questions

ArubaAmy in reply #4 above is correct. The Riu Palace has more than 165 room. The Web site that says it has 165 rooms is not the Riu's Web site, but is actually another web site that belongs to and is run by http://www.onlinevacstore.com/

The lesson here is that make sure you get your information from the the Web Site owned by who it is your are inquiring about and not a third party web site that is just selling Vacations in the Caribbean.

Woodbridge, New...
Level Contributor
194 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: a few Riu questions

Me and the hubby have stayed here once in Nov 2011 and we are going back in a month. When we were there in Nov there were always pool activiites, from pool aerobics and zumba to Bingo, volleyball, and other fun contests that the hotel staff puts together! Always a great time pool side!

14. Re: a few Riu questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 04, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Palm - Eagle Beach