We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Playa Linda

Long Island NY
Level Contributor
103 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Playa Linda

I think I will be renting someone's studio timehare at Playa Linda in Aruba. Does anyone know when the last time the studios have been renovated? How are the bathrooms in a studio?

Are they old and grimy? Does anyone of pics of the studio. The one I will rent is on the 6th floor.

A couple of reviews say the rooms are moldy. Can anyone give me pics or their recent opinion?

Will I regret not staying at the Hyatt? But I couldn't beat the price. I usually stay at high end hotels.

But the grounds look beautiful in the pictures!

Thanks.

Long Island NY
Level Contributor
103 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Playa Linda

This is a family trip so we give up our PRIVACY for one week. We always go on another vacation just the

two of us every winter as well. Not a big deal.

Ontario
Level Contributor
557 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Playa Linda

I own a studio at Playa Linda and used to own a one bedroom unit there as well. If privacy isn't an issue, it's doable....hey you can always shower with your spouse for privacy ;) The units are recently redone and are exactly as they appear on the website. There is only one bathroom which was always our biggest issue when bringing guests in our one bedroom unit. We never had guests in the studio....too cozy for our liking but it can certainly be done. When not in he beach, I spend most of my room time on the balcony enjoying the views anyway. Enjoy! Remember, ladies first for the washroom when getting ready for the evening! Lol

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
12 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Playa Linda

Some very negative reviews on Tripadvisor June 2013. Need to clear this up. What about the complaints of murky water that stinks!!!

Long Island NY
Level Contributor
103 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Playa Linda

Yes I have noticed this ad well.

Beverly Hills...
Level Contributor
2,900 posts
Save Reply
25. Re: Playa Linda

Yes..the rooms are old and moldy. The water is so stinky and yucky that it is condemed most days. The beach is so crowded, you can smell the unwashed next to you. It is way overpriced and so jammed with owners that no one goes there anymore. You should reconsider your vacation.

Long Island NY
Level Contributor
103 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Playa Linda

No need to be a sarcastic ...........

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
2,668 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Playa Linda

The water in the Palm Beach area can become cloudy due to the number of boats migrating back and forth. A storm lurking out to sea can push sea grass into the area from time to time, but any odor or significant murkiness you speak of is an anomaly. IMHO, do not let this affect your decision.

Michigan
Level Contributor
54 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Playa Linda

We had a similar situation a couple of years ago at CDM. I rented a one-bedroom timeshare from an owner quite a while before we wanted to travel. My two adult daughters decided they wanted to come with us. We are all close, so I felt it would be doable staying in the one unit, but uncomfortable. What I did was watch the forums for a 2nd timeshare. You know, when an owners week is coming right up they get a little concerned and more flexible with their pricing. I paid $950 for the 1st unit, but ended picking up the second one for only $500, 3 weeks before we traveled. The owner was worried about not getting anything at all for their week, and I knew I COULD get by with only one unit, so they were VERY negotiable.

The other thing is you could just forget your friends unit. I just arranged for some friends of mine to come down to Playa Linda the week before Christmas. They are renting a 2 bedroom unit from an owner and only paying $2000, a little more than double what you are paying, but WELL worth it.

New York
Level Contributor
193 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Playa Linda

I just got back from the Playa Linda and stayed in a studio. My room was in no way moldy and the furnishing had been updated a couple of years ago I believe. The building is not new but I would go back in a minute. It is clean and the property as a whole is beautiful IMO.

Long Island NY
Level Contributor
103 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Playa Linda

Thank you Bug18

Get answers to your questions about Palm - Eagle Beach