We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marriott Ocean Club or Radisson

Level Contributor
501 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Marriott Ocean Club or Radisson

We have stayed at the Divi Phoenix in the past and really enjoyed the extra space of a 1 BR unit. Thought we'd try a similar set up further along Palm Beach. Considering Marriott Ocean Club. Prices are much higher on their site so we're trying to book through other means...VRBO etc. Many replies appear to be from people connected to different realty groups. What are the most reputable groups to book with for a unit at the Marriott (preferably Ocean club vs Surf Club)? Way off topic but also considering a room at the Radisson (only because of the property and the price difference). Feedback?

Cumming, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
4,958 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marriott Ocean Club or Radisson

There are many here who love the Radisson. Though we have never stayed at any of the Marriott properties, we have stayed at various other resorts on Palm Beach and the Radisson is by far our favorite.

If you HAVE TO have a kitchen then a timeshare is the way you must go.

If you do not have to have the kitchen, but want more space, perhaps consider a suite at the Radisson. According to their website, they are having a "sale" 40% off suites. Even the Bonaire Suite has a full size living room, gorgeous bath, and nice views from the top floor.

jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,489 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marriott Ocean Club or Radisson

www.redweek.com has tons of listings

Janesville...
Level Contributor
710 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marriott Ocean Club or Radisson

We usually stay a week at the Marriott Ocean or Surf Club and then add 3 or 4 nights at the Radisson. There is a small refridg in the room at the Radisson so that's whey we always stay there at the end as we take just the extra snacks that we know will fit in that refridg for the last few days. We stay on the Plaza Floor so we have breakfast and afternoon snacks and cocktail hour there most days.

As far as which is better- hard to say..... if you want a kitchen you'll want the Marriott. If you would rather eat out every meal stay at the Radisson. I really like the location of the Radisson and think the location on the beach is slightly better. Marriott is closer to bigger shopping in the evening - but you can walk to that same shopping area from the Radisson. The whole Marriott complex is like a little community in itself. Both resorts have nice fitness centers and spas.

I don't think you'll be disappointed either way.

Level Contributor
501 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Marriott Ocean Club or Radisson

Am I right to assume all the rooms at the Marriott Ocean Club are in the same condition? With it being a timeshare sometimes furnishings are in different conditions. Does the Marriott manage the room interiors?

Also, from what I gather, your only choices are 1 & 2 BR suites so if I rent privately, the layouts should be the same as advertised on the Marriott site?

Any comment on the direction the rooms face? If you're not facing the pool/gardens, what are the other possible views?

Lords Valley...
Level Contributor
1,636 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Marriott Ocean Club or Radisson

It's the difference between a room and a one bedroom apartment with a kitchen and living room. The entire OC was recently redone although I could not understand why. Looked pretty good to me.

White Plains, New...
Destination Expert
for White Plains, Aruba
Level Contributor
6,897 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Marriott Ocean Club or Radisson

Do you want a Condo type room with a kitchen? Frig and coffee maker. Then if so, go with the Ocean club. It is very nice. rooms have space. It is a Timeshare. Heard it was redecorated.

Radisson is a hotel. You could request a mini frig.

Your choice. Both are great places to stay in Aruba. We enjoy the extra space of the Timeshare and like the kitchen. Love coffee maker. Pre set it and wake up to the smell of coffee, even in Aruba.

Have a great trip

Level Contributor
501 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Marriott Ocean Club or Radisson

Thanks! I think we're going with the Ocean Club so we can take care of breakfast and lunch and then go out for dinner. Nice to know it has been renovated! Has anyone rented any of the unit through VRBO? Redweek requires a fee (albeit nominal) to access their properties. Is there a better selection through Redweek vs VRBO?

jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,489 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Marriott Ocean Club or Radisson

You don't have to be a member to just look on Redweek, you do have to be a member to see listings in detail and contact the person renting the unit. Redweek has a huge selection. I just signed in and there are 256 rentals available. When are you thinking of going? I can look around that time to tell you what's available.

Roselle, New Jersey
Level Contributor
243 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Marriott Ocean Club or Radisson

We rented through an owner we contacted on TA. We replied to his review and asked if he ever considered renting his week. Turned out great for both of us. Rented for 2 years in a row. This year, June 1 we will be staying on Eagle Beach at Costa Linda. Counting the hours. Just read reviews from owners at OC and send them a message. Can't hurt to try, It worked for us.

Level Contributor
501 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Marriott Ocean Club or Radisson

Thanks Waltham. I'll check Redweek. Thinking about a trip some time in November possibly.

Get answers to your questions about Palm - Eagle Beach
Recent Conversations