We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kakoa Pier Bar

Which Palm - Eagle Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mass
Level Contributor
55 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Kakoa Pier Bar

When we were in Aruba in April the Kakoa Bar was closing. Does anyone know if it has reopen? Is the Equator Band still playing there? Does it still have a fun casual atmosphere with happy hour? Thanks

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
14,945 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kakoa Pier Bar

The old Kokoa Bar has reopened and is now called the Bugaloe Bar & Grill.

They will still have live music there but haven't heard the exact schedule yet of who plays when.

I will be in Aruba in Sept. for 16 days and am looking forward to checking out the new place since the Kokoa was one of my favorites and was already closed when I was there in late April.

Mass
Level Contributor
55 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kakoa Pier Bar

Thanks ArubaAmy,

Please give me an update when you get back. We were in Aruba in April and went to the closing. We are returning in October looking forward to seeing the equator band and plan on checking out the new pier bar.

Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kakoa Pier Bar

Just returned and the Bugaloe is the best bar I went to. Great food, employees, ice cold beer, and unbeatable sunsets! Made some fun friends there that I won't soon forget! Miss it already:(

boston ma
Level Contributor
107 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kakoa Pier Bar

Could you please tell me where the Bugaloe bar is (Kakoa)

thanks

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,945 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kakoa Pier Bar

The Bugaloe is located on DePalm Pier between the Radisson and the Aruba Grand hotels.

Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
1,584 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Kakoa Pier Bar

From what I've heard, the Bugaloe Bar looks almost the same as the previous bar and the Equator Band still plays there. In fact, somebody recently came back from Aruba and didn't even know it had been redone until they saw it posted on a another forum when they got back.

Mass
Level Contributor
55 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kakoa Pier Bar

thanks for the update I will be going in October and will be sure to check it out.

Mass
Level Contributor
55 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kakoa Pier Bar

ArubaAmy

Just checking to see if you went to the Bugaloe Bar and if so is the Equator band still playing there. Going on Oct. 7th and hope to see the Equator Band. Thanks

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,945 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kakoa Pier Bar

Haven't been yet but plan on going this week and maybe again next week. I will ask about the Equator Band as they are also my favorite.

Michigan City, IN
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Kakoa Pier Bar

The Equator Band is still playing at the DePalm Pier by the Radisson. They have expanded their play list and did not repeat in the 3 hour set we saw. They played at my Nephew's wedding reception at the Radisson and totally blew everyone away. I haven't danced like that in years! They will be have their own web site in January. My wife and I will be going back very soon and will get more info to pass along.

Sunset Ronnie