We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First timers, Marriott tradewinds vs Radisson plaza club ?

Which Palm - Eagle Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Clovis, New Mexico
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
First timers, Marriott tradewinds vs Radisson plaza club ?

Finally planning our first trip to Aruba in late July! YAY! .

I think I have narrowed it down to these two hotels. I keep reading people loving the upgrades to the higher end rooms. Not sure which is 'better' and if we really need it. We are late 20's but not looking for a family vacation so kid perks are not important to us. We both like the idea of the included breakfast, and the cocktail hours, but that alone isn't exactly enough to completely merit the price difference for us.

-What makes the upgrade so great for these rooms (The price difference does seem worth considering)?

-How do the resorts in general compare?

-Any insight on these two clubs as far as differences ?

-What is the drink policy between the two? I think Tradewinds offers beer, soft drinks and water anytime and a cocktail hour, Does Radisson offer the same or just the cocktail hour?

-Do either offer beach chairs/shade we don't have to reserve daily If so what is the cost?

Thank you in advance for any help and information anyone can give! I have had so many questions I have found answered here! I've enjoyed reading tons of posts about things we have to do, car rentals, taxis. This forum has been so helpful! Any suggestions for other aspects are also welcome!

Washingtonville, NY
Level Contributor
1,883 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First timers, Marriott tradewinds vs Radisson plaza club ?

The Marriott Tradewinds has its own section of the beach with about 12 palapas.

Cumming, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
4,891 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First timers, Marriott tradewinds vs Radisson plaza club ?

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147249-i151-k6240…

Denver
Level Contributor
444 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First timers, Marriott tradewinds vs Radisson plaza club ?

We just returned, stayed at the Radisson. We walked the beach every day and I thought the Radisson has a nicer beach. Also seemed like less kids to me. We never paid to reserve a palapa, each day around 5:00 when we were heading in we would stop at the towel hut and take one of the available palapas, usually in th back but we didn't spend the entire day sitting under the palapa anyway. The costs for reserved palapas is $15, $25, $35. The service and management at the Radisson are GREAT.

Canada
Level Contributor
1,985 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First timers, Marriott tradewinds vs Radisson plaza club ?

I second the Radisson

Been there - loved it

Love Eagle beach now though

Londonderry, New...
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: First timers, Marriott tradewinds vs Radisson plaza club ?

Hi,

I can't speak to the Marriot but we stayed at the Radisson Plaza Club last year.

I found it to be a great value as we had a daily breakfast buffet and hot foods at the cocktail hour.

Beer was only served during cocktail hour.

Not sure about beach chair reservations.

What I found the greatest value were the people that worked there. They were so friendly and helpful in assisting with anything we needed. That is the main reason we are considering going again this summer and upgrading to Plaza Club level again.

Boston...
Level Contributor
4,022 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First timers, Marriott tradewinds vs Radisson plaza club ?

Mike- can you please stop telling people how great the plaza club is I want to keep it for myself...the plaza club is great, go for it.

7. Re: First timers, Marriott tradewinds vs Radisson plaza club ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, May 06, 2014