We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

manchebo vs/ divi

Chester, Illinois
Level Contributor
95 posts
1 review
Save Topic
manchebo vs/ divi

We would like to return to Aruba late this summer. We were at the Divi in 2004 and even though it's not rated extremely high we loved the intimate low-rise setting, uncrowded beaches, and lack of unattended children.. I've been doing research on Manchebo Beach Resort and was wondering if anyone out there can compare these two for me. We do want an all-inclusive trip.

Also, I've seen on Manchebo's website mention of surcharges for certain items. I just don't want to be surprised... What is, and what isn't, included. By the way, we are mostly beer drinkers and are fairly easily pleased as far as food goes.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Aruba
Aruba
Caribbean
Divi
Divi
9 Reviews
Aruba
Chester, Illinois
Level Contributor
95 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: manchebo vs/ divi

Also, I forgot to mention that the all-inclusive concept at Manchebo seems to be fairly new.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
933 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: manchebo vs/ divi

We stayed at the Manchebo and did do the AI plan. What I found is that certain drinks had a $1 surcharge. I don't recall if any meals did. If I recall does their website show the items that are surcharged with an *? I am sorry I cannot compare it to the Divi but we loved the Manchebo as their staff was superb. The food was very good in my opinion. We also did eat out but we like the idea of not having to worry about breakfast/lunch/drinks if hanging at the resort during the day. If you have any specific questions let me know and I will try to answer them for you.

Mentioned in this post
Divi
Divi
9 Reviews
Aruba
Worcester...
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: manchebo vs/ divi

I will be staying at the Manchebo in exactly 3 weeks (soooo excited) it is my first trip to Aruba so I can't compare it but I will let you know what I think of Manchebo when I get back!

Mentioned in this post
Aruba
Aruba
Caribbean
Chester, Illinois
Level Contributor
95 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: manchebo vs/ divi

Hey arubatrip...You'll love it, take plenty of sunscreen and give up on having a good hair day because of the tradewinds. With the heat you'll appreciate them though. If my map is correct, facing the ocean, the divi is just around the point to the left of the manchebo. Any feedback when you return would be greatly appreciated

Worcester...
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: manchebo vs/ divi

I plan on bringing a TON of sunscreen...I'm very fair skinned and I've been going tanning for the past 2 weeks in preparation. I'll be sure to update you when I get back!

Cape Cod...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Provincetown
Level Contributor
4,484 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: manchebo vs/ divi

I think you will find the Divi will have more action at night as most of the people at Manchebo do not go the AI route.

Mentioned in this post
Divi
Divi
9 Reviews
Aruba
Chester, Illinois
Level Contributor
95 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: manchebo vs/ divi

hey arubatrip...just one week to go, right? I caved, couldn't wait any longer. We booked our trip for 7/24 thru 7/31. Have a safe trip and here's to a good time being had by all!

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
165 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: manchebo vs/ divi

We have spent two weeks at the Manchebo (over the last two years). We love it. Did not do AI. It is very quiet - we are older (50's) so if you are young and want a night life, you will have to plan that outside of the Manchebo. I hear the Divi is good and has some nightlife. People from the Manchebo go over to the Divi at night. Food is good at the Manchebo - but I wouldn't want to eat there every day (not enough of variety). I hear Divi has theme nights. We love staying at the Manchebo staff is very nice and it is very relaxing. Don't think you can go wrong either way.

Mentioned in this post
Divi
Divi
9 Reviews
Aruba
EIRE pa
Level Contributor
285 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: manchebo vs/ divi

I will be going to manchebo in three weeks just like arubatrip. I will let you know how it is.

EIRE pa
Level Contributor
285 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: manchebo vs/ divi

I will be going to manchebo in three weeks just like arubatrip. I will let you know how it is.

Get answers to your questions about Palm - Eagle Beach