We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amsterdamn Manor or Boardwalk Hotel in Palm Beach?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
100 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Amsterdamn Manor or Boardwalk Hotel in Palm Beach?

I have searched through the forums and have read a fair amount but am still struggling on hotel. It is my first trip to Aruba and my husband and I are going for our anniversary with our 7 month old infant. I am trying to decide on hotels. We want a place with kitchen (because of baby) but also we do not want a high rise hotel. I think I narrowed it down to these two. Any suggestions? Is either one better? Location? Or is there a better alternative?

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,092 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Amsterdamn Manor or Boardwalk Hotel in Palm Beach?

Amsterdam Manor will offer more as far as restaurants on site, a few places to walk to, lounge chairs/palapas for hotel guests, beach bar, concierge service, bus stop at hotel - more services/staff available and better location.

Sudbury, Canada
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
2,449 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Amsterdamn Manor or Boardwalk Hotel in Palm Beach?

My vote is also for Amsterdam Manor.

Boston...
Level Contributor
4,348 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Amsterdamn Manor or Boardwalk Hotel in Palm Beach?

I agree with Amy, I posted a response on another thread that you asked this question, although good idea for a thread of its own.

My other thought is make sure you bring whatever baby supplies you need, formula etc..and dont rely on getting it in Aruba. We had issues with something as simple as milk. Our son refused the milk because it was not like our whole milk at home. He drank alot of water that week, lol.

Sudbury, Canada
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
2,449 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Amsterdamn Manor or Boardwalk Hotel in Palm Beach?

Renting a car might be handy to shop at the grocery stores for supplies.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
100 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Amsterdamn Manor or Boardwalk Hotel in Palm Beach?

Thank you that is great advice - I will also bring as much as I can for supplies for the baby.

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,483 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Amsterdamn Manor or Boardwalk Hotel in Palm Beach?

Jay that is funny about your child not liking the milk. We took our grandson and he would not drink the milk either. We must have bought every kind of milk on the Island. This year we will freeze our milk and pack it so he has something besides 7-up to drink.

7. Re: Amsterdamn Manor or Boardwalk Hotel in Palm Beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 19, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Palm - Eagle Beach