We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu or Occidental?

Atlanta, Georgia
14 posts
Save Topic
Riu or Occidental?

Planning a trip to Aruba May 2-6, trying to choose between the Riu or the Occidental. Pros and cons of both? Its for a girls trip, not for a couple. Any advice appreciated - thanks!

Shreveport...
Level Contributor
3 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riu or Occidental?

I just stayed at the Occidental and I would NEVER go back. The food is not very good and they served the same thing day in and day out. It is impossible to get a chair at the beach or pool unless you get up at 5am and put a towel on them. It was really the worst all-inclusive I have done. I typically do Riu but they were booked when I went. Occidental had no air for the week we were there and kept claiming they were working on it. We went to Riu to see what we missed. Boy, I was sad to have to walk out. Cool air, really nice looking, huge pool. I haven't stayed at this specific Riu; but, others in the Caribbean. The buffet is good and they alternate themes nightly. You can get room service albeit cold sandwiches but Occidental doesn't even offer that unless you are a timeshare owner. Go to RIU!!!!

jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,489 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riu or Occidental?

Riu may be the better option, but please know ahead of time that it is not going to be like other Riu resorts located in some of the other Caribbean islands. The Riu in Aruba is small in comparison.

3. Re: Riu or Occidental?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, February 19, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Palm - Eagle Beach
Recent Conversations