We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time in Aruba/family trip

Which Palm - Eagle Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
First time in Aruba/family trip

I will be traveling to the Radisson from March 23-30 with my wife and daughters (12 & 7). I am interested in excursions, a snorkeling trip, and my wife wants to shop some. We love to go to good restaurants but are trying not to break the bank. I would love recommendations for family friendly excursions and restaurants. Kids are not picky. We are not drinkers but are not really trying to avoid it either, just looking for kid friendly stuff to do. Also trying to decide whether to rent a car for the week.

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,689 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time in Aruba/family trip

Take an island tour. Good choices, IMO, are DePalm tours by bus or ABC Jeep Tours. I think your 7 year old would be OK on a jeep tour, but that is up to you.

There are a ton of dining choices on site and just across the street. All kinds of food and all kinds of prices. Menus are posted outside. I like Casa Tua for Italian at reasonable prices, a short walk from the Rad. Gilligan's is good for fairly inexpensive dining. Burgers, etc. Adult beverages as well. On site.

Since this is your first trip to Aruba, you may wish to rent a car for a few days instead of the whole week. The Rad is on Palm Beach. Plenty of shopping there as well as downtown. Buses or taxis are safe and reasonable.

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,444 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time in Aruba/family trip

We love the Black Pearl snorkeling boat. We take my grandson, 5 yrs, with us and he has a great time. If you book online you get a small discount. Very nice sunset cruise, not crouded everyone has a lounger. Very family oriented.

Cumming, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
4,895 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time in Aruba/family trip

Here are some ideas tripadvisor.com/Travel-g147247-s504/Aruba:Ca… for less expensive dining in the area of the Radisson. The concierges at the resort will also have books with menus so that you can judge what will fit within your budget.

Check out this list for activities with kids tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i20409-Aruba_Ac…

I highly recommend the Donkey Sanctuary. Bring along some carrots and apples to feed the donkeys and they will love you forever!

Our family also enjoys Jolly Pirates tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g147248-d1…

4. Re: First time in Aruba/family trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 4:06 pm, January 23, 2013
new jersey
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,444 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First time in Aruba/family trip

Also we loved the butterfly farm, it was a little price (IMO) but the kids loved it, husband not so much, lol.

Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First time in Aruba/family trip

Thank you all so much. Your replies are so much more than I expected. I will check out your recommendations as we plan. My girls are so excited. We can't wait.

Level Contributor
24 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First time in Aruba/family trip

*Shouldn't have suggested visiting the Marriott's lazy river. Just heard that they issue wristbands and will restrict you from the pool. Have a great time!

Niskayuna, New York
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,491 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First time in Aruba/family trip

Another vote for the Black Pearl--VERY family friendly.

Your girls might like eating at Salt and Pepper across the street from the Rad. Bingo is also very good.

You've made a great choice for a family vacation. I hope you have fun!

(Lisa, it's good to see you here.)

phila
Level Contributor
513 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: First time in Aruba/family trip

I also vote for Black Pearl.

Its a nice little walk from the radisson-- gave a chance to see the other hotels.

We took our grand daughter and it was the highlight of her week.

with so many fish up close and personal-- she loved it.

the boat only carries 20 people so it is very nice= not rowdy or a party boat.

coming back is very relaxing.

Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: First time in Aruba/family trip

I booked with the black pearl last night. Thanks again. I am still looking at all of the other options.

Get answers to your questions about Palm - Eagle Beach