We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aruba from UK winter

Which Palm - Eagle Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Yorkshire
Level Contributor
201 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Aruba from UK winter

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone has flown from the UK to Aruba in the winter, Xmas time, and if so, which is the best route / flights etc.

I have discovered that all the major tour operators only fly from May to October.

Also, just inviting some opinions, if we go ahead, is it an arduous journey to take 2 very young children? Or in other words is it worth it?

We have done all of the Caribbean, and looking for somewhere different. Also, one of our party is Dutch.

Any advice welcome, where to stay, All incl? Anything.

Falkirk, United...
Level Contributor
132 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aruba from UK winter

Hi Kelly

Remember our winter is arubas high season our summer is their low season and the prices are keener.

I dont think any tour ops fly chartered in the winter your options are tied to scheduled or a cruise ( only one day in aruba is the downside)

Scheduled carriers

KLM, United or multiple carriers . KLM is the best bet, you have to fly via Schipol . You have to be careful with the return jouney as it is usually via Curaco or Bonaire. The Bonaire flight is best as you are on the same plane from Aruba but you are on the ground in Bonaire for approx 1:40. . Long day for a youngster 14 to 17 hrs of flight and connection ( based on scotland as you dep airport) plustravel to airport and wait at airport. Re accomodation palm beach is the high rise area loads to do large chain hotels . Eagle beach a lot quieter stunning beach best bet Amsterdam Manor.

Gloucestershire.
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
1,420 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aruba from UK winter

I think the only was out of good old Blighty in the Winter to Aruba is via Amsterdam..... sad but true ;(

I've been checking flights - they are Crazy expensive ;(

3. Re: Aruba from UK winter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, January 15, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Palm - Eagle Beach