We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

family vacation in the low rise area

new jersey
Level Contributor
88 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
family vacation in the low rise area

My husband and I had a lovely week long vacation at the Bucuti and Tara in November. It was our first time staying in the low rise area. We will certainly return to the Bucuti in the future when traveling as a couple. I'm starting to plan a family trip in Aruba for next fall. We want to go to an all inclusive and have narrowed it down to either the Divi or the Tamarijn. I know they are sister resorts, but want opinions about each property. There will be my husband and myself, my son and daughter in law and their baby, my 28 year old daughter and my 21 year old son. We love the beach but need shade. The pool is not a priority. Of course clean, comfortable rooms are a must. Good beach access is also a priority. I would really appreciate opinions on each property. Thanks.

Sudbury, Canada
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
2,696 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: family vacation in the low rise area

If you look to the right of this page under Top Questions there is a category for Divi and Tamarijn vs. Riu, but it has information on both resorts by the looks of things. Hope this is a start.

Sudbury, Canada
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
2,696 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: family vacation in the low rise area

I just noticed that there is a post from today Tamarijn vs. Divi!

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,501 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: family vacation in the low rise area

We have stayed at the Divi 5 times and love it. Tam is closer to the restuarants and has all oceanfront rooms. Seems like they have more children at the Tam but IMO the beach is nicer infront of Divi. But you can go on either beach no matter where you stay. It is kinda easier with a baby at the Tam because, as I said, rooms are right on the beach. Either way as long as you are not expecting a real fancy room (very clean) you will not be sorry.

new jersey
Level Contributor
88 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: family vacation in the low rise area

Thanks for the information. Which rooms are closer to the beach at the Divi? Oceanfront rooms or beachside casitas?

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,501 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: family vacation in the low rise area

Oceanfront, but as I said the rooms are not fancy, just basic beachfront rooms. We have always gotten the beachfront when we are at the Divi. Nice little grassy section infront of the beach. Also housekeeping is very good. Just dont expect anything but basic room, with a view to die for, lol.

new jersey
Level Contributor
88 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: family vacation in the low rise area

Yes, I can see by the photos on trip advisor that they are not fancy. That's OK as long as they are comfortable and clean. A couple more questions, if I may. Did you have any problem getting a palapa if you're not up to get it at 6:00AM? Are the men required to wear long pants and closed shoes to dinner?

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
2,937 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: family vacation in the low rise area

The palapa wars can be a hassle, depending on how busy it is when you go.

There is no real dress code for dinner (within reason)- which is one of the many things I love about the place. Decent shorts (khakis) and a polo is my standard dinner dress...either with nicer sandals or sneakers.... our kids get away with nicer tshirts...

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,501 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: family vacation in the low rise area

Seems like we never had a problem. We always got oceanfront so you can just run out and put your towels on the chair. We are early risers but never before 7.

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
4,714 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: family vacation in the low rise area

The Tam will be perfect for the family. When the little one is sleeping you can sit outside with the door cracked and enjoy the amazing views. Not usually a Palapa issue unless you are going during the peak time..enjoy

10. Re: family vacation in the low rise area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 13, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Palm - Eagle Beach