We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I always go in Sept., thinking about March

Forked River, New...
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,627 posts
83 reviews
I always go in Sept., thinking about March

I know all you March people can give me the low-down. Busy, not so busy? Should I wait till April? We love Sept. and will be going then also but might have a chance to go before also. Just not sure which would be the better time. I know the weather is the same, lol, just thinking of the crouds.

NJ
Level Contributor
2,509 posts
59 reviews
1. Re: I always go in Sept., thinking about March

We went the week after Easter last year for 10 days, the first half it was a little busy but you could notice the difference the second half of our vacation, it was a noticeable difference in the crowd.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,685 posts
90 reviews
2. Re: I always go in Sept., thinking about March

We usually go in both April (after Easter) and Sept but I have friends who go in March every year. The big differences between those two months is that it will be more crowded and the water won't be as warm. I don't stay in the water too long in April (just a quick dip/swim) but in Sept you can barely get me out of it.

Sept. is the quietest month on the island. Busiest months are Jan.-March (or wherever Easter lands).

West Chester...
Level Contributor
115 posts
93 reviews
3. Re: I always go in Sept., thinking about March

This year might not be bad, Easter is always the key. We always go the first week in April, sometime it's Easter, then it's DIFFERENT, when it's not Easter, it's normal. Easter is a big holiday in Aruba, the locals party for days which is great, but is totally different when it's not a holiday weekend

NJ
Level Contributor
2,509 posts
59 reviews
4. Re: I always go in Sept., thinking about March

Amy, after all that Champagne, you were cold in the water? LOL Seriously, I didn't find the water cold, maybe a few degrees cooler than June, but certainly bearable.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,685 posts
90 reviews
5. Re: I always go in Sept., thinking about March

Yep - compared to Sept, the water, to me, is a little chilly in April. Refreshing enough for a dip here and there but nothing like the nice warm water in Sept. We've been going twice a year since 2005 and it always feels like that to me. Maybe I need MORE champagne. LOL!

Edited: 9:49 pm, January 03, 2013
n.y.
Level Contributor
1,049 posts
31 reviews
6. Re: I always go in Sept., thinking about March

We usually go in early march around my birthday , a little crowded , the water seems warm to me and as far as restaurants , we are used to eating earlier and never need a reservation . I did notice that some hotel prices come down in mid march . We go then because after a long winter it is nice to get away to a warm spot . 2 months and counting .

LaGrangeville, New...
Level Contributor
1,983 posts
36 reviews
7. Re: I always go in Sept., thinking about March

We always go when my kids have spring break.. This year because Easter is early they have off starting March 22nd - April 1st. I would stay away from that week if you don't like the crowds.

Cape Cod...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Provincetown
Level Contributor
4,500 posts
55 reviews
8. Re: I always go in Sept., thinking about March

I have been to Aruba a few times in September and always found it too hot, not a time I will return there. We love March and go every year (except last year). We love it, the weather can be unpredictable at home and it's a greta getaway.

jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,705 posts
36 reviews
9. Re: I always go in Sept., thinking about March

I have to agree about the water being chillier in March. I can't believe I just said that, being from New England!! :) But I think it also feels colder because your body is so hot from the heat of the sun. The first 2 trips to Aruba were in late November and then early December. The following year we started going in March and I could immediately tell the difference in the water temp.

We always make reservations for dinner, simply because we like to have a set plan on where we are going. I don't think it's always necessary though, there are many times we wing it and don't have a problem, even in the higher end/nicer restaurants. March is definitely busier than November or early December, but I don't think it's nearly as busy as January/February.

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
9,036 posts
12 reviews
10. Re: I always go in Sept., thinking about March

It would be nice to get away during the colder months, but it costs a lot more to go in March than September. I would love to go during the winter, but wife has a fear of flying then.

Get answers to your questions about Palm - Eagle Beach