We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental Cars

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
69 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Rental Cars

We are staying at the Westin and would like to know if there is a car rental office located near there?

Originally I was going to rent a car for the week, but now thinking just a few days.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
#1 of 24 hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
Boardwalk Hotel Aruba
Boardwalk Hotel Aruba
#2 of 24 hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa
Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa
#3 of 24 hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
White Plains, New...
Destination Expert
for White Plains, Aruba
Level Contributor
7,034 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rental Cars

Renting a car for the week is a good idea, it is my opinion. You need to go to the Westin and then back to the airport.

We like having the freedom of the car.

Enjoy your visit

Ramsey N.j
Level Contributor
568 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rental Cars

We agree with Teach1977. In the long run you will save money over a taxi. The freedom makes it worth it

Sean and Susan

New York
Level Contributor
1,912 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rental Cars

We, too, rent a vehicle for our entire stay, but that's our personal preference.

I searched for you, and found that there is Hertz rental at the Westin. I can't vouch for them...never used them in Aruba. We rent from Econo. www.hertz.com/rentacar/reservation/home

Mentioned in this post
Aruba
Aruba
Caribbean
NH
Level Contributor
498 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rental Cars

We used them last year at the Western and they were very good.

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
42 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rental Cars

Teach is right you save $ in the long run and have the freedom to go as you please, also Hertz is $$$. If available for your stay try Tropic, Hans is a pleasure to deal with, cars are newer and will meet you at the airport.

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
69 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rental Cars

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Decided to book a car for a few days. With doing different tours and our location, I think we should be ok and still have enough time to do some beach hopping on our own with the rental.

NJ
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Rental Cars

Yes! See Ricky at the Hertz rental desk located at the lower level (LL). He's great! We rented a Chevy Spark for $68/day. Small car, good for two people.

NJ
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Rental Cars

Yes! See Ricky at the Hertz rental desk located at the lower level (LL). He's great! We rented a Chevy Spark for $68/day. Small car, good for two people.

9. Re: Rental Cars

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, October 29, 2013