We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can't decide...Divi Phoenix or Playa Linda??

New Windsor, NY
Level Contributor
2,826 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Can't decide...Divi Phoenix or Playa Linda??

We like to stay at timeshare resorts because space is important to us. I keep reading the reviews for the Marriott Surf Club and it's making me nervous. I don't think that I want to be at a resort that is that crowded so...now I'm thinking either the Divi Phoenix or Playa Linda. Which resort is nicer? I 've read that PL is in a great location, but has a small pool. My kids like swimming in the pool so I would perfer a large pool. Please help me decide.

Thanks!

Beverly Hills...
Level Contributor
2,900 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Can't decide...Divi Phoenix or Playa Linda??

Phoenix does have a larger pool than PL....PL is more centrally located...Neither one is a bad choice...Have fun!

playalinda.com

Cumming, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
4,913 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can't decide...Divi Phoenix or Playa Linda??

For the pool, imo definitely go with the Phoenix. Though it is not centrally located like Playa Linda, it is not that far out of the way and in a less congested area.

Hull, Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,074 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can't decide...Divi Phoenix or Playa Linda??

We own at the Phoenix and would give the edge to our pool, but Playa Linda is a beautiful property close to everything. You can't go wrong either way I don't think.

New Windsor, NY
Level Contributor
2,826 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can't decide...Divi Phoenix or Playa Linda??

bump

Beverly Hills...
Level Contributor
2,900 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Can't decide...Divi Phoenix or Playa Linda??

So what else do ya want to know, Fin? AW6 owns at the Phoenix, I own at PL...we can pretty much answer most of your questions.

Edited: 10:54 am, August 30, 2012
Boston
Level Contributor
891 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can't decide...Divi Phoenix or Playa Linda??

We were at the Phoenix last week; it was our 19th visit to Aruba in 11 years but our first at the Phoenix.

While I cannot address the P.L. situation I can tell you that the pools at the Phoenix were very popular with the kids who were there, ages a few months through 12 or 13 (most of them). They have a shallow section in front of the new beach towers, and they also have a shallow section in front of the original tower - just before getting to the Sunset Bistro. Kids were using all of them and seemed to be enjoying themselves.

7. Re: Can't decide...Divi Phoenix or Playa Linda??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, September 01, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Palm - Eagle Beach