We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
18 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Rent chairs/palapa on beach

I will be in Aruba on April 10th...my birthday and wanted to either purchase a day pass at a resort or find a nice set of chairs/palapa on the beach. I noticed at the Hyatt, it looks like the beach is very small, other pics of Eagle beach show a very wide beach.

Can anyone give me some guidance? I'm willing to pay for a chair/umbrella or whatever is necessary. Just looking for the best day possible. Thanks!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rent chairs/palapa on beach

You may want to go to cruisecritic.com and visit the Aruba forum, where this topic is often discussed at great length:

boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php…

Just note you will be there during a very busy time, and the resorts that sell day passes don't always do so if they are too busy.

Edited: 7:48 pm, March 11, 2012
White Plains, New...
Destination Expert
for White Plains, Aruba
Level Contributor
6,772 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rent chairs/palapa on beach

The beach is public, you can go with a towel and sit anywhere. It is shade and a chair, that is the problem. So is you can find a tree with shade, have fun.

NJ
Level Contributor
2,336 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rent chairs/palapa on beach

gracie-boo, why is it busy in April. I thought that it was the slow season?

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,353 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rent chairs/palapa on beach

Low season usually starts around the week after Easter. All depends on what day Easter lands on - this year Easter is April 8th but it can land anywhere from late March to late April.

NH
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rent chairs/palapa on beach

Take a cab to Arashi Beach. The have nice chairs for $5 per day and the beach is amazing. Tripadvisor just rated the best beaches in the world last week and this beach was rated #2 in the world as part of Palm / Eagle Beach.

tripadvisor.com/TravelersChoice-Beaches-cDes…

Bring plenty of sun screen and enjoy!

6. Re: Rent chairs/palapa on beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:43 am, June 18, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Palm - Eagle Beach