We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hyatt vs Westin vs Radisson

Toronto
Level Contributor
157 posts
Save Topic
Hyatt vs Westin vs Radisson

Please let me know your opinion on all these hotels and which is better with the least amount of kids. Looking for great pool and beach area, and nice rooms. Already considered Bucuti but want to stay in the main area.

Also advice on the palapa situation. If we go early 6am in the morning to get chairs by the pool or at the beach will there be any issues? I've been reading some crazy stories. Do you have to pay for use of palapas. Also what are the prices like for drinks. We usually stay at all inclusives.

Bloomingdale, New...
Level Contributor
148 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hyatt vs Westin vs Radisson

We just love the Radisson. Keep going back year after year. Never in all our stays have we had a problem getting a palapa. Beach is wide and very big. Gardens are lush and rooms are very nice since renovations. Love all three eating facilities. We are usually there in July and everytime we have only seen a handful of children. The travel agent we book thru includes airfare, transfers, breakfast, lunch and beverage credit so I can not tell you what the cost of drinks are. It is a great location and walking distance to great restaurant and shopping. Bus transportation is right ousde the front entrance to take you all over the island, great prices for them. Staff is very caring and helpful. Rob Smith the manager is a man who will do what ever he can to made your trip and enjoyable one.

Canada
Level Contributor
2,096 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hyatt vs Westin vs Radisson

We have stayed at all hotels.

Westin is nice

Radisson is much more lush and have a tropical feel !

Hyatt has "french " balconies (can only stand on them -no room to sit out on balcony)

If I was to stay on the palm beach area again - it would def. be the Radisson

BUT... that being said - we have changed our location and stay on Eagle beach now.

The beach by the hyatt,Rad and Westin is narrow and more crowded than Eagle beach.

robin

Canada
Level Contributor
2,096 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hyatt vs Westin vs Radisson

We have stayed at all hotels.

Westin is nice

Radisson is much more lush and have a tropical feel !

Hyatt has "french " balconies (can only stand on them -no room to sit out on balcony)

If I was to stay on the palm beach area again - it would def. be the Radisson

BUT... that being said - we have changed our location and stay on Eagle beach now.

The beach by the hyatt,Rad and Westin is narrow and more crowded than Eagle beach.

robin

LaGrangeville, New...
Level Contributor
1,921 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hyatt vs Westin vs Radisson

I would pick either the Radisson or the Hyatt... I have stayed at both and both have great things about them. But when push comes to shove.. I like to be able to get the hut the day before and not get up at 6am .. to me it so worth it. I never stayed at the Westin but had friends that were there and they kept coming to our hotel saying the two were not on the same level.

If i could take the Hyatt Hotel, with the Marriott Balcony's and put it on the Radisson Beach.. that would be prefect:)

Toronto
Level Contributor
157 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hyatt vs Westin vs Radisson

are the cabanas by the pool free, I read they set you up with towel water and a cooler all day

Canada
Level Contributor
2,096 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hyatt vs Westin vs Radisson

The cabanas where they set up coolers and you're under a canopy is definitely

not free !!

The chairs around the pool are free as are the palapas on the beach.

Canada
Level Contributor
2,096 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hyatt vs Westin vs Radisson

I guess I would choose the Westin for the beach as there is more room - but not much

Edited: 1:18 pm, March 02, 2012
North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
9,001 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hyatt vs Westin vs Radisson

Radisson for the beach, palapa situation and balconies. Beautiful grounds.

Hyatt would be second choice. Westin is a fine hotel but not in the same class.

Boston
Level Contributor
3,139 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hyatt vs Westin vs Radisson

Bucuti is the ideal choice because Eagle Beach is way nicer than Palm Beach. Hyatt and Radison are both very nice. Westin is a class below and their beach is horribly cramped during high season...but then you can often get the Westin for less than half price of the others via priceline.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
4,956 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hyatt vs Westin vs Radisson

If price is not an object then the Westin is out. I have stayed at the Westin 3 times and like it but I always booked via Priceline and for the $$ it is great. We also like the pool as much as the beach and we did not have an issue getting a palapa at either the beach or pool (yes they have a few around the pool). I did find that the ones on the beach are really, really close together.

IMHO the beachfront itself is the same although the Westin may be slightly windier. Both the Radisson and the Hyatt have a lush tropical feel around the pool which the Westin does not, but if you stay by the beach then it really does not matter.

Get answers to your questions about Palm - Eagle Beach