We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Depalm Tours??

Mansfield...
Level Contributor
153 posts
13 reviews
Depalm Tours??

I am planning my trip to Aruba in May and was looking on line at different things to do while we are on the island. I have been to the island many times before and I have never gone to the Depalm Island, is it worth the money to spend the day???

CT
Level Contributor
1,899 posts
45 reviews
1. Re: Depalm Tours??

I havent been.. However, i have talked to alot of people about it, and have also read alot of posts on it. i think the no's outweigh the yes' a bit. If you have kids, it may be a bit more entertaining. It appears to be pretty pricey for what you actually get.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,076 posts
57 reviews
2. Re: Depalm Tours??

In all the years we've been traveling to Aruba, last month was the first time we went to DePalm Island. Wanted to try it just to see what it was like. There's a nice water park for the kids. We did the full day, but really, the half day is enough time.

We drove to the dock ourselves and took the ferry over. The difference between the half day and full day if you drive yourself is only two hours. The full day has breakfast included.

There are two beaches for swimming. There's also a guided snorkel which is included in the morning and the afternoon - or you can snorkel on your own. There are also lockers.

We did have a good time - happy we had the opportunity to try it out, but not sure that I'd go again - maybe if we travel with children because it looked like the kids were having a great time in the water park.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,076 posts
57 reviews
3. Re: Depalm Tours??

Also, besides breakfast, lunch and drinks, there's another area that has hot dogs, chicken nuggets and fries all day.

There were a lot of people enjoying the banana boat ride and for an extra charge you can do a Sea Trek underwater helmet walk.

Mansfield...
Level Contributor
153 posts
13 reviews
4. Re: Depalm Tours??

thanks for your posts, have not decided yet if we are going to try it out. We may just end up doing half a day just to see what it is all about..

MINNEPOLIS
Level Contributor
178 posts
4 reviews
5. Re: Depalm Tours??

We did the 1/2 day and thought it was worth it for the food and drinks that were included. The bananna boat ride was a blast!

White Plains, New...
Destination Expert
for White Plains, Aruba
Level Contributor
7,368 posts
269 reviews
6. Re: Depalm Tours??

Since my BFF and I went to DePalm island , more has been added. Consider the 1/2 day. My friends and 3 kids went last week. Stayed for the whole day. Kids loved it!

Manchester...
Level Contributor
8 posts
42 reviews
7. Re: Depalm Tours??

Over the past 5 years, we have gone to DePalm Island every year, but they've recently gone up in their pricing. I'm not sure it's worth it now. We enjoyed the whole day there in the past, but $115 pp is steep. Not sure we will be going this year.

Galway, Ireland
Level Contributor
137 posts
8. Re: Depalm Tours??

DH and I went last Sept for the 1/2 day and we enjoyed it. The only reason we went was because we wanted to do the seatrek, which was a brilliant experience. Otherwise, we enjoyed the snorkling and the banana boat was great fun, but that was pretty much all that there was to do there for us. There is a small waterpark there too which would be fun for kids (although I must confess that DH and I also tried it out!!) We were very glad that we had only gone for the 1/2 day. There was quite a few people that had paid for the full day and left with us on the early ferry as they were bored.

9. Re: Depalm Tours??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:25 am, March 15, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Palm - Eagle Beach