We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Timeshare Rooms vs. Other Rooms

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
140 posts
Save Topic
Timeshare Rooms vs. Other Rooms

Does anyone know what type of rooms are at the Grand Aruba. I thought someone said one side was for timeshare and the other side was for other travelers.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,395 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Timeshare Rooms vs. Other Rooms

The Aruba Grand is now called the Riu Palace (all inclusive.) There are still some timeshare owners from the old Aruba Grand who still own their units. The old building still remains (only about 3 floors of the old building are timeshares.) In addition to the old building, they have now built two new buildings which are for all-inclusive guests only.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
140 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Timeshare Rooms vs. Other Rooms

Yes, I own a two bedroom unit there and it is allinclusive. I will try to contact them to see if i can get a concierge email address. we are looking at going there dec 08

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,395 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Timeshare Rooms vs. Other Rooms

Okay, I think we're talking about two different hotels...

There is the old Aruba Grand (which is now the Riu Palace) and there is the Occidental Grand - these are two different resorts.

4. Re: Timeshare Rooms vs. Other Rooms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, September 15, 2009