We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What happens if you book RIU and it is not ready?

Ontario Canada
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Topic
What happens if you book RIU and it is not ready?

Hi - thinking of booking the RIU for mid October. If it is not ready by then - do they put you up somewhere comparable? Thanks, Paula

Montpelier, Virginia
Level Contributor
1,605 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What happens if you book RIU and it is not ready?

No worries for mid-October. It will most definately be ready by then.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
25 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What happens if you book RIU and it is not ready?

I agree with Danadan. We are booked for July 22 and are hoping that most services will be up and running for when we arrive. We understand that there may be some stuff not ready but we were willing to go anyway. Our TA has advised us that they will not let us stay there unless the Pool, some restaurants and rooms are ready. If it is not ready then we will be able to choose comparable accomodations with the same travel company depending on availability. This means we might not go to Aruba if the hotel is not available.

Prestwick Scotland
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What happens if you book RIU and it is not ready?

Just back from aruba 5 June. Stayed 2 hotels along from Rui. Without wanting to dissapoint you but it could be touch and go for July.

If you want photos showing what stage the building is at.....e-mail me at jim@jboyce.freeserve.co.uk

Northeast
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: What happens if you book RIU and it is not ready?

I agree, we were there last week and it still seems it is under major construction. We asked a few taxi drivers about it and they all agreed it will never open on time. They do have people there working around the clock so you never know.I wouldn't want to alarm you but just be prepared to make changes. It does look like it going to be beautiful!

Ontario Canada
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: What happens if you book RIU and it is not ready?

I really appreciate all the feedback. If anyone has any more information in the future as to how it is going, that would be geat as we would like to book the RIU - will wait another month though. Kindly, Paula

NYC
Level Contributor
510 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: What happens if you book RIU and it is not ready?

Hotels that book, and turn out not to be ready put you up in another hotel at no cost to you, of equal or greater value.

WNC
Level Contributor
275 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: What happens if you book RIU and it is not ready?

If you have booked thru a tour company such as Delta Vacations they will place you in anoter comparable hotel if available.

8. Re: What happens if you book RIU and it is not ready?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 am, September 03, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Palm - Eagle Beach
Recent Conversations