We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Duty free liquor at START of trip?

Which Palm - Eagle Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Jersey City, NJ
Level Contributor
14 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Duty free liquor at START of trip?

Im flying to Aruba next week and was hoping to save money on booze by buying the liquor at the Aruba airport after I land. Does anyone know if this is possible?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
5,039 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Duty free liquor at START of trip?

http://www.tripadvisor.com/SearchForums?ff=144&geo=147247&scope=2&q=duty+free&returnTo=%2FShowForum-g147247-i144-Aruba.html&x=19&y=1

New Jersey
Level Contributor
5,039 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Duty free liquor at START of trip?

http://www.tripadvisor.com/SearchForums?ff=144&geo=147247&scope=2&q=duty+free&returnTo=%2FShowForum-g147247-i144-Aruba.html&x=19&y=1

New Jersey
Level Contributor
5,039 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Duty free liquor at START of trip?

My computer locked and this link double posted.

Copy and past the entire link.

Hamilton, Ontario
Level Contributor
90 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Duty free liquor at START of trip?

We flew to Aruba on May 6th from Toronto International, we purchased 24 cans of Coors Light at the Duty Free before departure, took the beer on the flight with us. Our room had a fridge and this was MUCH cheaper than purchasing beer when we arrived. I believe that if you have a direct flight, you can take the alcohol on the plane with you.

Venice, Florida
Level Contributor
483 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Duty free liquor at START of trip?

I read some of the threads here prior to my first trip to Aruba this past May 4th on where the duty free shop is when you "arrive" in Aruba. I even had a good friend who has been going to Aruba 15 years tell me where to go. I guess it was just never explained to me correctly. Both my husband & I were looking for it but must have just bypassed it. I do remember when you arrive "prior" to going through immigration, we had to take an escalator up, then another escalator down. For the life of me I never saw any stores between the escalators, immigration, or luggage pickup.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Duty free liquor at START of trip?

We always buy a bottle of rum from duty free on the plane on the way into Aruba. We pack a soft collapsible cooler, so we can have cold rum and cokes on the beach!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
560 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Duty free liquor at START of trip?

OK, so I'm clearly clueless here. I can't just pack a bottle of something in my suitcase . . . is that right? So glad I'm getting all of these VERY important details. ; )

Columbia, MD
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Duty free liquor at START of trip?

If you're connecting through San Juan you can get terriric deals and just carry them on the plane. Last year I picked up 2 bottles of Absolut for $9.00 each and they packed them in a little canvas carry all. By all means, pick up your liquor before you arrive - it's expensive once you're on the island!

Jersey City, NJ
Level Contributor
14 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Duty free liquor at START of trip?

My flight leaves at 9 am so I dont know if the duty free store in the US airport will be open. If I dont see the duty free store on the way out of the Aruba airport does anyone know if I can walk back in and buy it?

Owings Mills...
Level Contributor
870 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Duty free liquor at START of trip?

pink- you can pack any liquids in your luggage, you have to check the bags in NO carry on.