We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RUI-when ????

Boston...
Level Contributor
722 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
RUI-when ????

when is the hotel opening up??? any news??

Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
#1 of 24 hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
Boardwalk Hotel Aruba
Boardwalk Hotel Aruba
#2 of 24 hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa
Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa
#3 of 24 hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,592 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: RUI-when ????

I've heard dates ranging anywhere from July '07 to Nov. '07. No set date yet.

Boston...
Level Contributor
722 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: RUI-when ????

Has anyone seen the hotel or the progress or lack there of...

i am trying to figure out were to book my sons honeymoon for the end of aug...my dh and i are giving therm this as there present....i would have like this hotel as it is so new....

my other choices are westin, rad, or hyatt...or debating on AI.....we usually stay at rad....any help or suggestions appreciated...

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,592 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: RUI-when ????

Some photos of the construction are posted at the following link:

aruba-travelguide.com/bulletinboard/…

Even if they were to open in July or Aug. this year, I don't think they would be operating at 100% and it would be a "soft opening". Don't think I would want to stay there until they're fully functional and have "gotten the kinks out".

Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
1,877 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: RUI-when ????

Here's a picture from last week...incredible how far they've come.

Insiders are saying they are shooting now for an October 1st opening but its really anyones guess at this point.

www.aruba-bb.com/viewtopic.php…

Boston...
Level Contributor
722 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: RUI-when ????

they are taking bookings for aug.. dont know if i should chance it.....its my sons honeymoon....which other hotels would you suggest...........

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,592 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: RUI-when ????

Does it have to be all-inclusive? And do they want a large hotel with alot of amenities, things to do/ walk to, etc?

Boston...
Level Contributor
722 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: RUI-when ????

he would like to go AI when i go i do not do that...there are too many wondeful other places to eat...but this bieng his first time he is nervous and thinks AI is the way to go....

we have stayed at the raddison and the wyndham(westin)\\\ he would like a balcony and the high rise section...so he can go from hotel to hotel ect..on the boardwalk

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,592 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: RUI-when ????

Then I would suggest the Occidental.

I would be hesitant to book the Riu Palace when it first opens....I have a feeling they're going to be open but not fully functional (that's what happened when the Occidental underwent renovations last year - they opened too early before they were ready.)

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Riu Palace Aruba
Hotel Riu Palace Aruba
6,654 Reviews
Aruba
9. Re: RUI-when ????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, August 23, 2009