We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hyatt - crowded?

Ottawa, ON
8 posts
Save Topic
Hyatt - crowded?

We are staying at the Hyatt from March 7 - 12, and have heard some very vague references to overcrowding.

Is this true?

If so, are we talking race to the beach chairs every morning since there will be no more after 10 am?

Any info would be great :)

West Virginia
Level Contributor
1,645 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hyatt - crowded?

No need to worry about getting a chair any time of the day. They have plenty. When you get to the beach, take your card over to the towel hut, get a towel and the attendents set a chair up for you.

They have little hut like things for shade. There are a lot of them but they can get filled. They also have a couple big tents you can sit under for shade.

I have heard horror stories from a friend who goes to Myrtle Beach - she told me about people getting to the pool early to put their towels on chairs to save them. Other people then go to the pool and there are no chairs to be had. This past year she saw 2 women get in a verbal fight over chairs.

Nothing like that to worry about at the Hyatt. Even if the beach is crowded, you still are not on top of other people.

Ottawa, ON
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hyatt - crowded?

I could tell you horoor stories of the same sort about Atlantis Paradise Island in the Bahamas.

Thanks for the info :]

West Virginia
Level Contributor
1,645 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hyatt - crowded?

I am stunned about that about the Atlantis. We were there a few years ago and did not have any problems. I have heard that you can stay at other places and pay to use the pools at the Atlantis. Don't think they did that when we were there. Sounds like it may be a BAD decision on their part.

4. Re: Hyatt - crowded?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, August 16, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Palm - Eagle Beach