We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how much rain really occurs?

SCARBOROUGH
Level Contributor
39 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
how much rain really occurs?

We are going to Divi on the 8th the 10 forecasts show rain/windy etc but warm is it just a brief shower usually? Or is is rather unusual for it to be rainy? I'm hoping its just a quick moment of rain and therefore they need to say that? What has been your experiences. Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Divi
Divi
9 Reviews
Aruba
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
1,807 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: how much rain really occurs?

You'll most likely see little if any rain. The week you are going is the week we are usually down there. I've seen a TOTAL of maybe 20 minutes of rain in 10 years of visits. Don't pay any attention to weather reports, they don't mean anything.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
5,038 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how much rain really occurs?

I'll 2nd the first post.

The weather forecasts always show rain for Aruba.

Unless you travel late-October - late-December, you're not likely to see very much rain at all.

Mentioned in this post
Aruba
Aruba
Caribbean
NYC
Level Contributor
510 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: how much rain really occurs?

I've been traveling there in the month of March for the past 10 years. We have never had more than a sprinkle of rain until last year. On my b-day (the middle of March) in '06, we had a total wash out of rain one day....from overnight until about 5pm the next day.

BOURNEMOUTH UK
Level Contributor
43 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how much rain really occurs?

We are going for 2 weeks starting at the beginning of Oct. Are we going to get wet, or can we just expect showers every now and then?

Springfield
Level Contributor
513 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: how much rain really occurs?

Here is a link to a climate chart with Highs, lows, Etc.

www.aruba-travelguide.com/weather/index.html

massachusetts
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: how much rain really occurs?

We were in Aruba in mid January. Our extended forecast also showed it would be rainy every day. The reality: every day was sunny. But once a day, you could see a really large gray cloud coming. That meant make sure all your stuff was under the palapa, no need to leave the beach. It would rain for no more than 5 minutes, then the sun would be out for the rest of the day. It was no problem. If that is their idea of a rainy day, I'll take it! As far as windy, it is my understanding that Aruba is alway pretty windy. The breeze was blowing pretty constantly while we were there, but we looked at that as a positive. It keeps things much more comfortable, and people told us it helps keep the bugs away also. We loved the weather there so much we plan on returning every year!

Mentioned in this post
Aruba
Aruba
Caribbean
Sedona, Arizona
Level Contributor
361 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: how much rain really occurs?

We usually go to Aruba in February or March. While the weather is usually very consistent, we have had as much as 20 minutes of rain one week to small rain showers several times a week, to one total downpour one day for an hour or so. We have also been there for a week with never a hint of rain. Sometimes it depends what is happening out there in the ocean. I think not to worry.

Have fun.

Mentioned in this post
Aruba
Aruba
Caribbean
Paramus, New Jersey
Level Contributor
757 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: how much rain really occurs?

I don't know what weather forecasts you were looking at ,but I just got back last night, stayed from 2/20 thru 2/27, it rained a total of 10 waking minutes. It was at about 9:30 am while I was in the supermarket. The rest of the time it has hot and sunny for the whole entire week. RELAX!!! The weather forecasts for Aruba are always wrong. Don't worry, I'm sure you will have great weather!!!

Mentioned in this post
Aruba
Aruba
Caribbean
9. Re: how much rain really occurs?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 pm, August 27, 2009