We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ArubaAmy Help! Looking for rests. near costa linda

Which Palm - Eagle Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
buffalo
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Topic
ArubaAmy Help! Looking for rests. near costa linda

Hi We just booked the costa linda for the 1st week in March, Are there any casual restaurants within walking distance? Pizza, local fresh fish local cool eateries are what we are looking for. Thanks sooo much..can't wait to go!

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
14,966 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ArubaAmy Help! Looking for rests. near costa linda

Only a few casual restaurants within walking distance of the Costa Linda:

Pizza Bob's

Pirate's Nest (at the Bucuti)

Tulip

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,652 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ArubaAmy Help! Looking for rests. near costa linda

Hello!

The bus to downtown stops in front of Costa Linda. I think it is about $2.00 round trip. It will drop you off at the bus terminal and plenty of casual restaurants are within walking distance. They include Mambo Jambo and Iguana Joe's. Popular places. You can get a feel for the city AND have a nice lunch or dinner.

buffalo
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: ArubaAmy Help! Looking for rests. near costa linda

thanks everyone! We have heard great things about Costa Linda

new york
Level Contributor
99 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ArubaAmy Help! Looking for rests. near costa linda

Hello........

Would you mind sharing with me if you are staying at the Costa Linda through a time share. I would really like to stay at this resort on my upcoming trip, but my timeshare seems to have nothing at the costa linda and appears to only have availability at the LaCabana and the Aruba Beach Club.

I have seen so many poor reviews on the LaCabana and the Aruba Beach Club does not appear to have the many amenities that will make my stay the ideal stay for my self and family, including my 4 year old.

Can you advise me any. I exchanged my timeshare through Interval International.

Thanks

Cape Cod...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Provincetown
Level Contributor
4,456 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ArubaAmy Help! Looking for rests. near costa linda

How about the French Steak House?

http://www.manchebo.com/steakhouse/

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
14,966 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ArubaAmy Help! Looking for rests. near costa linda

I would have mentioned the French Steakhouse but they were looking for casual restaurants.

New York
Level Contributor
1,910 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ArubaAmy Help! Looking for rests. near costa linda

lubbybubby, we own at CL. You can go directly to the costa linda website and try to book directly through the resort if they have availability (you would pay premium price though). A better suggestion is to go to the website to the rental bb. Owners who are not using their units post them here. You can also post whatever you are looking for. The other Aruba travel sites also have timeshare forums where you could post what you are looking for.

http://www.costalinda-aruba.com/bb/rentals/

Getting back to the original poster... it's definitely easy to get to other restaurants on the island. Like Amy said, Pizza Bob's is very good. We've done lunch at the Bucuti (didn't care for it at all). There is a place at the CL (The Turtle's Nest) which we are not crazy over either. It's ok for a salad or sandwich, but I wouldn't do dinner there.

Some reasonable places I would definitely check out downtown:

Rumba

Cuba's Cookin'

I'm not sure what your budget is like...we have a long list of favorties, but many of them are pricey.

If you're looking for 2 or 3 outstanding dinners, these would be my suggestions:

Marandi

Chef's Table

Madame Janettes (although this is not my personal favorite, it is very good...it is VERY popular...most people really love it)!!

Cape Cod...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Provincetown
Level Contributor
4,456 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: ArubaAmy Help! Looking for rests. near costa linda

I think Pizza Bob's has gone down since it opened, but still is OK. Funny, I think of the French Steak House as casual. Anywhere where a tie is not required is casual for us.

buffalo
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: ArubaAmy Help! Looking for rests. near costa linda

WOW Thanks youguys..we,ve been to Aruba 2 times and have stayed at La Cabana All Inclusive.It was convient with small kids but dirty/old and now with that management problem, I won't do it again..it has gone down hill and now that the kids are older (10 and 11) they can stay up later so we can explore other rests. for dinner...I plan on cooking some breakfast and lunches and going out to 2/3 nice dinners during our stay. We found an incredible deal on the Costa Linda..$895.00 for the whole week!! (2 bed.2bath). So we can afford to eat at some nice places. Having a nice beach/pool area is #1 on our list. I don't care for the congestion and beach at the high rise section so when we walked from La Cabana to Costa Linda last year we really like there was a great beach with no road to cross. It seemed like nicely kept and clean property. We kept our eyes open for a great deal on that resort. At 895.00 how could we say no??? Thanks again!

New York
Level Contributor
1,910 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: ArubaAmy Help! Looking for rests. near costa linda

lftb you're going to love the CL! If you have any questions about it, feel free to ask! And you're right, 895 is an amazing price!

Get answers to your questions about Palm - Eagle Beach