We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Cabana 425C

New Jersey
12 posts
Save Topic
La Cabana 425C

Hi,

I am a nervous wreck about a timeshare trade I made for my family of 5 -- 3 kids under 6.

We are booked in December in room 425C at La Cabana -- I think it is the BRC, not the Villas --

I have read some very bad reviews on this hotel -- has anyone stayed in this room?

Is it horrible?

I only have a one bedroom, but have been calling Interval for a year and there is never a 2 bedroom available. Are we going to be really tight? -- My son is in a pack n. play still.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

White Plains, New...
Destination Expert
for White Plains, Aruba
Level Contributor
7,027 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: La Cabana 425C

LaCabana is a fun place and yes you are at the BRC. Unit is ok for 4 adults with only 1 bathroom. Go to www.lacabana an tour the place. It is not fancy, but clean, we dont have mold or odd smells. The big pool area is clean, bright, and fun for all. In Dec. many timeshare folks will be there, the ones who have selected LaCabana. Rent a car for more flexibility. I dont usually go to the on site restaurants, There is a mini store on site. The IGA store has everything and is a cab or car ride away. The unit has a kitchen with micro wave. Interval will tell you how lucky you are to exchange for Aruba. There is a Dunkin Donuts on site. Your family will have a good time.

Mentioned in this post
Aruba
Aruba
Caribbean
Dunkin' Donuts
Dunkin' Donuts
10 Reviews
Aruba
Rossendale, England
Level Contributor
48 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: La Cabana 425C

Hi,

we belong to Bluegreen vacation club who now manage Lacabana BRC we stayed there in july/august this year and in fact have bookes again for july/august 2007

we stayed in a studio whch is slightly smaller than the one bedroom but the apartments are fairly big with a kitchen the one bedroom have 2 tvs so once the kids are settled in the lounge area ie on the sofabed you will be able to retire to the bedroom and not bother them. the only problem is you walk st into the bedroom before going thro to the lounge area.

check out the following web sites

www.lacabanabrc.com (this is the official BRC site) also check out

www.bluegreenonline.com (once on the bluegreen site click on choose a destination then on Oranjestad Aruba )

You will be able to check out photos and floor plans

we went for 2 weeks and had 2 sep studios both were very clean beding and towels changed each day if required we are owners at The fountains in Orlando and yes i have to admit it is not upto that standard but having said that we went to Lacabana for 2 weeks for the same number of points as it takes for 1 week at the Fountains.

Since the BRC and the Villas have split and the board asked Bluegreen to manage the BRC improvements are being made but as always its a slow process.

but dont just take our word for it go and enjoy yourselves

Its worth bareing in mind that most of the bad comments that are on the various review sites relate to the villas and not BRC

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
washington DC
Level Contributor
420 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: La Cabana 425C

You'll have a great time, my wife and I stayed at the BRC in August and it was great. Lots of activities for kids, most beautiful beach on the island, and no hint of mold or anything of that nature. The room was clean, we received daily maid service and fresh towels. We traveled many other places and this one was one of the best.

We didn't eat at the restaurants in the hotel for dinner, had a couple of lunches, and that was fine. The restaurants on the island are wonderful.

Cape Cod...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Provincetown
Level Contributor
4,484 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: La Cabana 425C

Here is the layout:

www.lacabanabrc.com/members/brc-fourth.shtml

Here is the room layout:

www.lacabanabrc.com/members/brcsuite.shtml

New Jersey
12 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: La Cabana 425C

Thank you all for your input -- it did make me feel much better.

If anyone has any other advice it is greatly appreciated!

By the way, does anyone know if the BRC has a kids club for 4 and 6 yr old?

Also, can you get anyone to babysit there in the evening? If so, are they trustworthy?

Thanks again-

Newport, Rhode...
Level Contributor
594 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: La Cabana 425C

Elisa1

Hi I am leaving for Aruba this Sat and I will be staying at the La Cabana in room 430B which is a studio. It faces the pool and ocean. I will be posting a trip report for sure, when I return.

I am a bit nervous myself, but a few yrs ago when I stayed next door at the Paradise Beach Villas, we were constantly at the BRC and wishing we had stayed there!!! The grounds are gorgeous from what I can remember.

No matter what, you will have a great time!

Mentioned in this post
Aruba
Aruba
Caribbean
New Jersey
12 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: La Cabana 425C

Thanks

I hope you have a great time -- let me know what the room is like?

Thanks again

8. Re: La Cabana 425C

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 pm, August 25, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Oranjestad