We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cell Phones

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
103 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cell Phones

Any suggestions for cell phone usage in Aruba, my carrier, Verizon doesn't have any plans.

Aruba ATV Tour with Natural Pool Swim
220 reviews
from $78.00*
Special Offer
Aruba Off-Road Island Tour Including...
201 reviews
from $106.99*
$111.78
Special Offer
Aruba Sightseeing Tour by ATV
89 reviews
from $72.00*
$80.00
Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,395 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cell Phones

Although I have not used them (I use my own phone in Aruba), everyone gives Discount Cell high marks for cell phone rentals. If I were ever to need a rental, this is the place I would use:

https://discountcellaruba.com/

New York
Level Contributor
781 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cell Phones

I have AT@T and used my own phone in Aruba. Because I don't have small children at home, so no need for daily usage, only one or two short calls. But it is good to know in case of an emergency I can be reached.

Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
2,535 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cell Phones

I rent from Aruba Discount Cell - excellent customer service and cost effective for me. I call home a couple of times a day to check in with the bird sitters :)

jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,465 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cell Phones

Another vote for Aruba Discount Cell!

Phoenix, Arizona
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Cell Phones

Does 'discountcell' give you your phone number before you arrive?

jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,465 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cell Phones

Yes, they will email you with it prior to leaving for your trip, a few days before usually.

CT
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cell Phones

I wanted to pass on some helpful information if you are considering renting a cell phone in Aruba. You may find that your personal cell phone service is expensive and we all know the rates for calls from our units. I have been using Fastphonearuba for many years and have been extremely satisfied with the professional service I have received. Charles (owner) runs the business and he is very dependable and very reasonable. I find it great to have the phone so that I am free to make all my island calls as well as calls back to the states. You can even request the cell number that you will have, before you leave so that you call leave it with family and friends. Using Fastphone has been one of the best things I have done while on the island. They will deliver the phone to your resort, so that you do not have to worry about this at the airport upon arrival. I would highly recommend giving them a try. The web address is info@fastphonearuba.com

8. Re: Cell Phones

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, October 12, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Oranjestad