We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions for a one day cruise stop in Aruba

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestions for a one day cruise stop in Aruba

Jan 2014 we will be in Aruba with another couple our stay is only from 1PM until 11PM. Please give me recommendations for the afternoon activity and a great place for dinner that will get us back to the ship by 10PM?. Also would you recommend a hiring a driver or just taking cabs?

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,500 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions for a one day cruise stop in Aruba

We always use Bully's service when in Aruba his e-mail is bullytaxi79@hotmail.com. We used him for our last cruise and he was waiting at the time we gave him. I think he also does tours, if that is what you would like.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,536 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions for a one day cruise stop in Aruba

There is no need to hire a driver for the day.There will be many taxi's waiting outside the cruise terminal. My favorite restaurant is Madame Janette's. Since January is high season I would make reservations 2 months in advance.

Niskayuna, New York
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,583 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions for a one day cruise stop in Aruba

Heck, if you want a nice island tour, by all means, give Bully a call. He is one of the nicest men on the planet and he will work with your schedule. If you don't want a tour, grab any old cab and consider spending the afternoon at Nikky Beach and then taking a cab to one of Aruba's gazillion wonderful restaurants. We love Madame Janette, but if you have spent the day on the beach, you might like Wacky Wahoo (which makes up in food what it lacks in atmosphere). You are spoiled for choice with dining options.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
4,473 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestions for a one day cruise stop in Aruba

Look at the right side of the forum for frequent questions. Many suggestions for a beach day.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,059 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Suggestions for a one day cruise stop in Aruba

For me, it would be all about the beach - especially if this is your first trip to Aruba. Maybe start with a short tour with Bully and have him drop you off at a beach to spend a few hours.

I'd suggest Palm Beach at Moomba's where you can rent chairs and stroll up and down the beach to see some beach bars, piers and hotels. Have lunch or a snack.

Have a taxi take you by Eagle beach and stop for a drink at at Amsterdam Manor's Beach Bar. Walk to your right and take photos by the famous divi divi tree. Eagle beach is beautiful and less crowded and now you've seen the high rise and low rise area and decide where you'd like to stay on your next trip.

You can the wind up at Nikky Beach. They have showers. Then just walk next door to Barefoot restaurant and watch the sunset while you have a delicious dinner.

Just a suggestion if you love being on the beach with just a couple hour of sightseeing with Bully.

Enjoy!

jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,401 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Suggestions for a one day cruise stop in Aruba

tripadvisor.com/…52086562

Hull, Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,080 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Suggestions for a one day cruise stop in Aruba

Valerie- That sounds like a great day to me!! Terrific points of Aruba plus good food!

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,846 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Suggestions for a one day cruise stop in Aruba

http://abc-aruba.com/natural-pool-safari/

I like Valerie's suggestions. If Bully is unavailable, the above island tour starts at 2:00 PM and is 4 hours in duration. They will pick up and drop off at the cruise terminal. Plenty of time to shower and change for a great dinner at Barefoot. Reservations strongly recommended. The restaurant is located on a beach and not very far from the cruise terminal. Excellent food/service/ambiance.. A very short taxi ride. This itinerary is easily accomplished within your time frame.

9. Re: Suggestions for a one day cruise stop in Aruba

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, August 19, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Oranjestad