We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Divi all inclusive

Which Oranjestad hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kearney, Nebraska
Level Contributor
224 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Divi all inclusive

Planning on booking at the Divi, can someone tell me which resturants will need a reservation, and if there is a dress code? Also if someone knows when the theme night parties are? Thanks so much

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,106 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Divi all inclusive

You need to reserve at all the restaurants except the buffet. This includes the restaurants at the Tam as guests can go to the restaurants at both the Tam and Divi. We stayed at the Tam but had most dinners at the Red Parrot at the Divi. The dress code is casual and I saw some people wearing shorts at dinner but many were nicely dressed but not formal or fancy at all.

Lynn, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,828 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Divi all inclusive

Each night at the buffets there is a different food theme.....something cooked to order each night....not gourmet but not bad at all...

Worcester, MA
Level Contributor
94 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Divi all inclusive

for the a la carte restaurants, they typically ask that the men wear a collared shirt, but it is still quite casual..

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,435 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Divi all inclusive

Make sure as soon as you check in to go to the desk to make reservations for dinner. The first night might be a later time but you can reserve 3 (I think) at one time. We have never had a problem the first night as long as your time is flex.

Buffalo
Level Contributor
85 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Divi all inclusive

The first night we arrived we had to do the buffet. If I remember correctly and they didn't change the policy you had to go down every morning in order to reserve a restaurant. The dress code to me seemed fairly casual. I don't remember any theme night parties. Red Parrot was the best restaurant in my opinion. Have fun!

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
2,880 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Divi all inclusive

Book in advance...as others stated, do it the minute you have your room number to get something the first night or two, after that there is a queue in the morning (don't worry it goes fast) to book additional nights...

I've found as long as you don't look like a complete slob, anything you wear is fine. But shorts are definitely fine - I usually did khakis with a polo shirt, my teens always get away with nicer t-shirts, and I've seen other guys with t-shirts as well (I personally would feel a tiny bit out of place). The casualness is one of the things I love about the Tam.. I hate packing slacks for vacation.

Kearney, Nebraska
Level Contributor
224 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Divi all inclusive

Thank you to everyone for the replies, helps to know what to pack.

CT
Level Contributor
1,868 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Divi all inclusive

What steve said... you can really get away with anything at the divi/tam... However, its the people that wear swim bottoms and a tshirt, that make it a little less special for all of us :)

man, it's been a while since ive posted on here!

Niskayuna, New York
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,489 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Divi all inclusive

Yes, it has, jasejase! Nice to see you again!

My husband always wore khakis and a collared shirt. I wore a sun dress or nice cropped pants. And a top. God forbid I show up topless. LOL

Take something warm to Paparazzi. You don't need an anorak, but you DO need sleeves and/or a wrap.

CT
Level Contributor
1,868 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Divi all inclusive

We had a baby in december, so my free time has been slightly reduced!!!!

Get answers to your questions about Oranjestad
Recent Conversations