We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the 1or 2 must do thing at Oranjestad

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
237 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
What is the 1or 2 must do thing at Oranjestad

I am coming on a cruise to Oranjestad. What is the 1or 2 must do thing at Oranjestad. Can you recommend a driver to take me around from the ship? Can you recommend someone who is reliable and reasonable?

Thank you for your time.

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
14,003 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is the 1or 2 must do thing at Oranjestad

You can walk around town and see most things - a taxi or bus if you wish to visit a beach or go to the hotels.

Niskayuna, New York
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,503 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is the 1or 2 must do thing at Oranjestad

This is what MY family does in Oranjestad: we walk around fairly aimlessly and take the obligatory photos of the candy-colored architecture and I go into every little food market I see because that is my particular "fetish" and then we go into Louis Vuitton so my daughter can drool over leather goods she cannot afford and then we visit the Rolex store so my son can pretend that he's in the market for a gazillion-dollar "time piece." All of these excursions are photographed to the combined amusement/disdain of the employees.

My husband generally waits outside and taps his foot.

I am not disparaging the delights of downtown O'stad, but Fort Zoutman and the coin museum are probably the two "biggies" and they held limited appeal for my family. (Philistines.)

Fort Worth, TX
Level Contributor
28 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is the 1or 2 must do thing at Oranjestad

"My husband generally waits outside and taps his foot."

You just described both my father and my husband. Mom and I are into food stores as well. Invariably, when we finally emerge clutching random purchases that may or may not make it back home, they're standing there, tapping feet, rolling eyes and generally grumbling about wasted time. lol

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,713 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is the 1or 2 must do thing at Oranjestad

http://abc-aruba.com/

I usually recommend a jeep tour to see the island. ABC is highly regarded on this forum. I believe that they will pick you up at the cruise terminal if your arrival time does not conflict with the tour time. Afterward, you can either walk around Oranjestad or go to nearby Nikki Beach fo a relaxing time. Possibly walk around town after that. Depends on how long you will be there.

New York
Level Contributor
1,562 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is the 1or 2 must do thing at Oranjestad

A visit to eagle beach

ABC jeep tour if you have time.

Going up to Palm beach.

6. Re: What is the 1or 2 must do thing at Oranjestad

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 23, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Oranjestad
Recent Conversations