We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dress code in Tamarijn?

Which Oranjestad hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
halifax West...
Level Contributor
68 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Dress code in Tamarijn?

Hi can someone please advise what the dress code in the evening for gents in particular is please in both hotels?

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
218 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dress code in Tamarijn?

We have friends going there next week and have been asking us the same question TBH and we have been twice now ourselves,smart casual for men and women pretty much anything other than swimwear LOL.I wore either 3/4 length trousers or dress shorts and short sleeve shirts.So it is pretty relaxed and feel you go what you are comfortable with and thats what we told our friends.

Enjoy your stay when you go any further questions feel free to PM me and i will try to anwser them.

Tony

halifax West...
Level Contributor
68 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Dress code in Tamarijn?

Thanks for that...you must have enjoyed it to have gone back! So in the a la carte not necessary for the gents to wear long trousers??

Emmaus, PA
Level Contributor
149 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dress code in Tamarijn?

Going back for our fourth trip in November...I've never packed long pants for my hubby for any trip. Nice shorts and button down shirt is what he likes to wear for dinner in any of the restaurants. Good food and casual - the way to go!!

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
2,866 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dress code in Tamarijn?

No long pants needed - nice shorts are fine... which is one of the things that keeps us coming back.... hate going to other AIs now and having to dress up...it thoroughly annoys me.

Selby, United...
Level Contributor
205 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dress code in Tamarijn?

Definately no long trousers. Smart shorts/ crop pants and a shirt are fine. It's far too hot for trousers......enjoy

CT
Level Contributor
1,868 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dress code in Tamarijn?

confirmed... shorts (flat front, nice cargo style, etc)... and either a short sleeved polo shirt, or a long sleeved collared shirt with the sleeves rolled up a bit! thats my traditional evening wear at the divi/tam.

Flip flops always!

:)

halifax West...
Level Contributor
68 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Dress code in Tamarijn?

THank you...read your report today...now I'm excited! Went to Barbados last October & Mexico this March so just looking forward to seeing the sun again!

8. Re: Dress code in Tamarijn?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, December 14, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Oranjestad
Recent Conversations