We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renaissance Aruba Resort - Is there WiFi in the rooms?

Mississauga...
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Renaissance Aruba Resort - Is there WiFi in the rooms?

Hello,

I plan to stay there at the end of this month. Is there WiFi available in the rooms (Paid or not). Their website is unclear.

Thanks,

Sabesh.

Virginia
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Renaissance Aruba Resort - Is there WiFi in the rooms?

The Renaissance in downtown Oranjestad is basically 2 separate properties...there is one part that is on the water and the other part that is across the street. We have stayed in the part that is on the water side and they only have wi-fi in the lobby area.

Falmouth...
Level Contributor
61 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Renaissance Aruba Resort - Is there WiFi in the rooms?

We stayed at the Renaissance Marina the end of June. There is free wi-fi in the lobby, sometimes you have to move around for a good signal. However, we signed up for wi-fi i our room, cost was $35 for 7 days unlimited and it came in great. Just log in to www.wifi-aruba.com, it will list the options (1 day, a week, etc.). You'll get an access code after you pay by credit card. Well worth it to us.

Mississauga...
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Renaissance Aruba Resort - Is there WiFi in the rooms?

Thank you!

Mississauga...
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Renaissance Aruba Resort - Is there WiFi in the rooms?

MassFan,

That's exactly what I was hoping: An option to sign up for WiFi in the room. I read a review that said that there was NO WiFi option in the rooms, hence I was confused:

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g147248-d147…

Thx for confirming.

Cheers,

Sabesh.

Falmouth...
Level Contributor
61 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Renaissance Aruba Resort - Is there WiFi in the rooms?

I think the confusion comes in because the hotel itself does not offer wi fi in the rooms. It comes from Setar, an outside company which I gather provides internet for all of Aruba. Logging in as I said above will get you going, and it worked great all week. Have a pen and paper ready to write down your access code, plus it is emailed to you and you can retrieve it in the free lobby wi fi area if necessary. You will also see a big sign at the luggage claim area at the airport.

Edited: 6:20 pm, July 11, 2012
Falmouth...
Level Contributor
61 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Renaissance Aruba Resort - Is there WiFi in the rooms?

On a related note, I looked at the review you cited and I hve to say, that wasn't our experience at all. Our room at the Marina was very clean, no mold, everything was new including the flat panel TV. As for the wi fi, we thought it was well worth the $35 for the week to have unlimited connectivity in our room, but some may think it is waste of money. If you get a room you're not happy with, ask for another--- there are definitely some good, newly redone rooms to be had.

Mississauga...
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Renaissance Aruba Resort - Is there WiFi in the rooms?

Oh I see. So, WiFi Aruba (Setar) has good signal strength from the rooms? Thx.

Level Contributor
151 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Renaissance Aruba Resort - Is there WiFi in the rooms?

If you're on the marine side and have a room facing inward and are positioned over or close to the lobby you can pick up the free lobby wifi from your room when close to your window.

Enjoy!

Mississauga...
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Renaissance Aruba Resort - Is there WiFi in the rooms?

ArubaWarren:

Thx for the tip! We have a "Marina resort view" room. So, it might be possible. Cheers.

DC
Level Contributor
7 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Renaissance Aruba Resort - Is there WiFi in the rooms?

Yes, but I think they also have free wi-fi at the lounge bar right off the lobby -- or down the steps at the Starbucks. We saw a lot of people using laptop there.

Get answers to your questions about Oranjestad