We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

suggestions for hotel in Aruba

Which Oranjestad hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manasquan, NJ
Level Contributor
114 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
suggestions for hotel in Aruba

We're thinking about going to Aruba in September or October. Any suggstions for a hotel? We'd like a beautiful beach and a nice hotel. We like to snokel and sail and like good food. Is it necessary to get an all inclusive place? How do you get around on the island? Any suggestions or tips would be greatly apprecialted.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
5,039 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: suggestions for hotel in Aruba

Hi,

Great choice for vacation!

May I suggest doing a search on these forums for Palm Beach vs. Eagle Beach - AI vs. non-AI, excursions, transportation, etc. You'll find a lot of useful information just by looking around.

Also, on the 'overview' tab - you'll find "Inside Pages" with more great information that should assist you in planning.

Once you've decided what suits you (AI or non - Palm or Eagle) - you'll surely get a lot of great advice on this forum.

Happy planning to you!

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,643 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: suggestions for hotel in Aruba

My opinions are families go to Palm Beach and couples go to Eagle Beach. I assume that you are a couple. SO it is Eagle Beach. All inclusive hotels that are most popular ar Divi Aruba

and Divi Tamarijn. Not all inclusive are Bucuti Beach, Manchebo (Has an AI Option) and Amsterdam Manor ( I think has an AI option)

Getting around the island and excursions are not a problem no matter where you stay. I suggest that you decide on a hotel. Visit the web sites for starters. Ask a lot of questions. You will get help.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
5,039 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: suggestions for hotel in Aruba

Palm Beach does have familiies - but it's not all families.

My husband and I stay at Marriott Stellaris when we visit Aruba and we don't have children. And we see many couples and honeymooner's - people celebrating anniversaries - etc. on Palm.

However, like Tony says, there are not as many families on Eagle - so, if you're looking to avoid children and find a place that's less crowded - more quiet - Eagle Beach is the place for you.

Alvarado, TX
Level Contributor
122 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: suggestions for hotel in Aruba

fita46, the Divi Aruba/Tamarijn is an All-inclusive that share options between the two properties. You'll read that the Divi is a bit nicer than the Tam. I just got back from my stay at the Divi 1 1/2 weeks ago and I wasn't impressed. I'm sure there are updated rooms/sections at the resort, but we weren't in one of them. Our room was very outdated and we were in the Lanai rooms (said to be the "Honeymooners" area and the most expensive rooms at the resort!). Great view, beautiful beach and on the low-rise area of the island. The beach was not crowded but then we were there during their low season. Also be aware that you'll read that the rooms at the Tamarinj are just feet from the ocean. They are. But it is a cliff of rocks. Not a sandy beach.

If you are interested in a more active, party-like atmosphere you might be better off in the high-rise area where it is busier. The low-rise area seemed to draw a more laid back, easy going crowd with moderate entertainment. Nothing major and it all seemed to roll up at about 10pm....at least it did while we were there!

We rented a car for a day (we were there for 6) and went to Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach and Baby Beach-(long drive/waste of time for us) to snorkel. BC and AB were awesome, though. We carried our own snorkel equipment and didn't take a tour. Hertz charged us $48 for a 4-door car at the resort and the car was on the property. Don't parasail in June. The wind will kill ya! We did it last year in the Bahamas and it was awesome....after this year, I'm not sure I'll ever do it again! The tradewind in Aruba is killer.

Any other questions, just let me know. Good luck making a decision. These boards are great for information. Be sure to try www.visitaruba.com also.

FL
Level Contributor
375 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: suggestions for hotel in Aruba

jpress - thanks for the link to www.visitaruba.com! We have an October trip planned (for the first time) and are looking for all the information we can find!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
356 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: suggestions for hotel in Aruba

From a fellow New Jersey guy:

Don't know what age group you are, Kids? , or what you would like to spend. All-Inclusive is good if you want to forecast your costs "up-front". Eat/Drink (booze) all you want. Keep in mind, though that Aruba has many great places to eat. It is convenient to just walk downstairs to breakfast, etc. Check out my review of Holiday Inn (I'm "Silver-Elite") or, if you want to spend more, go next door to Occidental Grand. In any event-good choice going to ARU...

7. Re: suggestions for hotel in Aruba

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 pm, September 04, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Oranjestad
Recent Conversations