We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best things to do in the daytime?

Which Oranjestad hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
1 post
Save Topic
Best things to do in the daytime?

Hey everyone,

We're heading to Aruba next week and were wondering a couple of things....

1. Are there any romantic spas or daybeds actually on the beach?

2. Are the jeep tours safe? Same with scuba diving?

3. What are the best sites to see?

Thanks everyone.

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,652 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best things to do in the daytime?

The couples massage at Manchebo Beach Hotel gets a lot of good reviews.

Jeep tours are fun and very safe. There are not a ton of attractions in Aruba. Jeep safari will take you to just about all of them. Some don't go to the Natural Pool. Check before booking.

I like Aruba for the beaches, restaurants, people and safety. The entire island can be expolred in less than two days.

Your hotel concierge can fill you in on SCUBA, snorkeling, sites, etc.

Have a great trip.

ontario, canada
Level Contributor
302 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best things to do in the daytime?

Apply sunscreen often and enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boston...
Level Contributor
216 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best things to do in the daytime?

I had a massage at Manchebo, it was awesome.

My daughter and I rented a Jeep for the day and a car for the week. We took the Jeep out to the Natural Pool. It was intense, kind of scary ride, but sooo much fun. We passed people on the 4 wheelers, a couple going down on a dirt bike (that would be scary) and the Jeep tours, everyone looked like they were having a blast.

I would even go to the Broken Natural Bridge, they have some ruins down there as well. You can get some cool photo's from inside the ruins looking out to the ocean.

Can't help you with Scuba. Have fun.

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
47 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best things to do in the daytime?

To luvcaicos,

Did you rent the jeep for the day at the hotel? We will have a car, I take it you would not want to drive there in a car? Would it be easier and safer to just take a tour rather than drive yourself? Plus I keep hearing it is hard to find on your own.

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
47 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best things to do in the daytime?

As for scuba diving, is this your first time diving in the carribean? We have been diving in the carribean numerous times and in Hawaii. The difference is the U.S. regulates Hawaii and they do not regulate the carribean. You need to be selective about what dive shop you choose. The first time we dove in St. Thomas my husbands regulator did not have an octypus, that was pretty scary. However, I have had other better experiences in St. Martteen and other islands. Ask your local dive shop who they recommend on Aruba, or I'll post again because now I think I will call my local dive shop. We arrive there July 24th, coming up soon.

philadelphia, pa
Level Contributor
815 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best things to do in the daytime?

You can also try the couples massage on Ren Private Island. Icluded in the cost is use of the private cove & champange.

Also, the Jolly Roger ( or one of the other daytime sales) is a lot of fun.

Enjoy!

Marshfield...
Level Contributor
73 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best things to do in the daytime?

I agree with heather223

The Ren has a great romantic massage at their island. It is a private cove, not just a tent on the beach where others are walking by, it is secluded. Plus you are able to stay there after the massage, if you opt for the 1/2 day package. You are also allowed to use the island for the rest of the day after the cove, where you will find many hammocks, big enough for 2! Have a wonderful trip.

8. Re: Best things to do in the daytime?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 pm, September 04, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Oranjestad
Recent Conversations