We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants

FL
Level Contributor
377 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants

Does anyone have recommendations for some good local restaurants?

Greenville, SC
Level Contributor
337 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants

I was in Aruba one week ago. We stayed at the Hyatt , but as we rented a car, we weren't confined to the restaurants in the Palm Beach area only.

We ate at El Gaucho, Driftwood, Flying Fishbone, Ruinas Del Mar (at the Hyatt) and Smokey Joes. Honestly, the family favorite was Smokey Joes which was right across from our resort. We ate there twice and loved the appetizers, ribs and fried oreo dessert.

Flying Fishbone provided a nice dining experience as you are literally served on the beach. Food is above average, but not out of this world. From Palm Beach, the drive to this restaurant was about 30 minutes.

Both Driftwood and El Gaucho are in Oranjestad. Both were good choices.

I really wanted to try Madame Janettes, but it was closed the week we were there. It usually gets rave reviews on this forum.

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,870 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants

Hello Again!

There are many excellent restaurants in Aruba. Some of the favorites posted on this forum are:

Seafood - Flying Fishbone, Simply Fish, Driftwood, Marina Pirata.

Continental - Madame Janette's ( most popular) ,Marandi's and Ventanas del Mar (My favorite).

Italian restaurants are fair - not great. My favorite is LaTrattora (many may disagree).

FL
Level Contributor
377 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants

Thanks to both of you for your quick response! I will start making my list now.. Looks like we will have several to try and Madame Janette's for sure will be one I want to experience.

IL
Level Contributor
111 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants

Sunset Beach Bistro...go on Thursday for Lobsterfest....make a reservation for dinner at 6:30 PM and eat with your toes in the sand. They have a steel drum band with a woman singer who sounds just like Gloria Estefan. Food was wonderful and an evening to remember.

FL
Level Contributor
377 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants

freedom63 - that sounds like our kind of place! Thank you for the suggestion.

Massillon, Ohio
Level Contributor
200 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants

Is there a way to see the menu for Sunset Beach Bistro?

plymouth...
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants

Hi

We've been back 3 weeks & after our 3rd trip Marandi's is our our top favorite. Perfect setting, service & the food is absolutely DELISH!!! Go at sunset. Our meal came to $90, no alcohol, but soooo worth it. Food is so fabulous, and it's such a beautiful place, right on the beach, they are moving but not for a while, the new place is under construction. It is located up by the rotary by the airport. It is on the right, behind Club Havanna. We did not need reservations as this is their slow time in Aruba.

This trip we found a GREAT new place. Wacky Wahoos, up by the high rises past Amazonia & Aqua Grill on the right side of the street. Prices are also great !! Fresh catch of the day $16!!! & you get plenty on your plate, veggies ,rice, plantains, cole slaw presentation is awesome, service was top notch, and the place was really cool. Great chef, German & he comes out to see if everything is O.K., the deserts were home made & to die for.

Smokey Joes,located by the high rises, cheap, fun and very good as was Iguana Joe's, located downtown.

Pizza Bob's- we ate their twice, pizza was very thin & the salads were crisp & full of veggies, 2nd time , lasagna which was realy very good & vegitarian dish loaded with veggies & chicken. Great prices there also!!

We tried the Buckineer & was really glad we did, great prices & the food , service & ambiance were really great. You sit by aquariums. Fresh fish & veggi augratin was delish, with potato wedges. We would definitely go there again. A little hard to find, its up in the High rise section off a couple of side streets.

So many great choices in Arbua, & you don't need to spend a fortune to get great food!! Can't wait to go back next year Have a great vacation!!

Knoxville, TN
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants

The Sunset Beach Bistro sounds wonderful, any other reviews, where is it?

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,335 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurants

Sunset Beach Bistro is located at the Phoenix.

More reviews at this link:

www.restaurantsaruba.com/view_review.html…

Jersey
Level Contributor
71 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurants

I had Sunday Brunch at Le Dome 2 years ago and I'm still talking about it to anyone who'll listen!