We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aruba in September?

los angeles
1 post
Save Topic
Aruba in September?

Is it worth it to go in September? I heard that september is hurricane season, and if it is dry, they said that the weather is extremely hot and there are no tradewind in september.

NC
Level Contributor
200 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aruba in September?

Aruba in September..HOTand with little wind to help! Late October is better with more wind and a few degrees cooler.

Fayetteville...
Level Contributor
1,252 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aruba in September?

I went in mid September and had all of the wind I needed. I couldn't wear my hair down most of the time for the wind and had the sand blowing on my constantly on the beach. Don't get me wrong, I was not at all annoyed by the wind, but it DEFINATELY was there. The weather was hot during the day, but just as it is all year, and just what we were looking for. It was 90s during the day and it felt great because there was no humidity. The nights were warm, but cooler and refreshing. Although you will find an occasional source stating that Aruba is still in the hurricane belt, the very large majority of sources state that Aruba is outside of the hurricane belt. That is another great reason to go in September. You will have alot more room to yourself, and should be able to get cheaper prices.

Here are some links that show you should not be in any danger going to Aruba in september:

Go here and click on weather:

http://www.aruba.com/home.htm

arubatourism.com/specialtips/arubafaq.html

click on "climate and weather information"

http://www.visitaruba.com/

Scroll down to "natural hazards"

cia.gov/cia/…aa.html

Scroll down to "Climate"

http://www.aruba.org/

Here is a website that claims Aruba to be in the hurricane belt:

meteo.an/meteo2/…climleeward

CANADA
Level Contributor
581 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Aruba in September?

Here is a website of the Meterological Service of the Netherlands Antilles & Aruba. You will find all kinds of information about Aruba on this website, including a report metioned in the above post that Aruba is not outside the hurricane belt as commonly believed.

http://www.meteo.an

Chesterfield England
14 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Aruba in September?

I went in Sep 04, just after the 'big hurricane', can't remember it's name. A taxi driver told us it was the worst the island had been in hit in many years and you couldn't even tell.

The only prob was the hurricane had sucked the wind away, but when you get hot, you go in the sea.

Technically Aruba doesn't fall in the hurricane belt either.

I had such a good time, we just sat on the beach at night and watched the remnents of the hurricane (electrical storms). Can't wait to go back!!!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
271 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Aruba in September?

We honeymooned in Aruba in September 1995 and it was wonderful! In fact, there were many other honeymooners and vacationers who ended up there at the last minute because of hurricanes in the Carribean. Aruba was a great place that wasn't affected and they ended up loving it there! I'd say go, it's great there any time. :)

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
164 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Aruba in September?

We always vacation in Aruba in September, and last September we stayed at the Wyndham from the 1st to the 22nd. There are always tradewinds in Aruba, and the temperature doesn't flucuate much. Aruba is a desert and, yes, it is very hot, but the constant tradewinds will keep you a bit cooler. We were there when Aruba experienced the fringes of the hurricane and didn't notice any change in the tradewinds. The island sustained flood damage from all of the rain but, to be honest, the vacationers only lost less than 2 days of sunshine, and then all was back to normal. We were told, from a native, that Aruba had not experienced a hurricane in 134 years. As mentioned above, we always go in September, and the weather is always gorgeous! Go and have a fabulous time. You will not regret your choice! Of all the islands we have vacationed on, Aruba is our favorite. We have been going there since 1992, and other destinations are always a disappointment. It is an awesome place -- ONE HAPPY ISLAND!!

Salisbury, NC
14 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Aruba in September?

Aruba is south of the hurricane belt.... no chance of getting hit. go and have fun!

CANADA
Level Contributor
581 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Aruba in September?

There was a hurricane warning out for Aruba last fall when hurricane Ivan skirted by. Luckily it's center missed Aruba, but there was major flood damage and many beaches were changed and Baby Beach was extremely damaged.