We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just got home from Riu Palace Antillas... any questions?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
426 posts
45 reviews
Just got home from Riu Palace Antillas... any questions?

Just got home last night. Very mixed feelings- working on a review right now.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
629 posts
18 reviews
1. Re: Just got home from Riu Palace Antillas... any questions?

What room did you stay in and how was the condition of it?

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
5,678 posts
12 reviews
2. Re: Just got home from Riu Palace Antillas... any questions?

Would you stay there again?

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
267 posts
18 reviews
3. Re: Just got home from Riu Palace Antillas... any questions?

I am also eager to hear about the condition of the rooms. We are coming in May and our travel agent assures us that all rooms have been decorated. From reading some reviews it appears not.

Cortland, New York
Level Contributor
3,779 posts
449 reviews
4. Re: Just got home from Riu Palace Antillas... any questions?

What kind of room did you book and stay in?

Brenham, Texas
Level Contributor
28 posts
4 reviews
5. Re: Just got home from Riu Palace Antillas... any questions?

We are traveling to the Riu Antillas in a couple of weeks... looking forward to seeing it for ourselves. We are not picky travelers by any means, but do like a clean room. Looking forward to hearing what you have to say.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
426 posts
45 reviews
6. Re: Just got home from Riu Palace Antillas... any questions?

We stayed in room 1620... It was okay. Evidence of Westin still prevailed... The telephone said "Westin Aruba" on it LOL Some carpet stains but King bed quiet room. Good view.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
426 posts
45 reviews
7. Re: Just got home from Riu Palace Antillas... any questions?

I don't know if I would stay there again. We did check out other hotels and I liked the Renaissance the best... We ate out a lot but enjoyed the AI for breakfast/lunch/drinks. I think it would come down to cost. Car rental is a must I would go nuts spending day/night at that resort when there's so much to experience in Aruba!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
426 posts
45 reviews
8. Re: Just got home from Riu Palace Antillas... any questions?

I can assure you rooms are NOT re-decorated with RIU branding. Only the villas and honestly I can't see the need for them because I have stayed in similar rooms at other RIUs. You get access to an additional pool which is the size of most backyard pools. I personally LIKE the Westin decor VS RIU decor. But that's me. Rooms are a little worn but def nowhere as bad as the RIU Palace Aruba next door.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
426 posts
45 reviews
9. Re: Just got home from Riu Palace Antillas... any questions?

We booked a JR Suite OCeanview... We were on the 16th floor. Room 1620... My parents booked a little later on and booked JR SUite partial OCeanview?? They were on floor 18 and honestly no difference in view

Cortland, New York
Level Contributor
3,779 posts
449 reviews
10. Re: Just got home from Riu Palace Antillas... any questions?

We booked Junior Suite Ocean Front-and hoping to have a great view...Any idea if it is correct that those are rooms ending in 00 or 01 as I have read previously??

I get what you mean about Westin vs RIU.....I was actually hoping they retained the beds from Westin, as I have heard they are MUCH more comfortable than RIU bedding.