We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boat Trips/Water Sports

San Diego...
Level Contributor
26 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Boat Trips/Water Sports

I will be travelling alone to Aruba 8/29-9/6 staying at the Marriott Surf Club. I love the water and boating and looking for a few options.

1. What boat trip would be most comfortable for a single 50 year (very young 50 year old - lol) woman?

2. What is the best, most convenient place to go paddle boarding?

3. What is the best, most convenient place to go wind surfing?

Thanks for your help. I'm staring to get excited for this trip!!!

Aruba Active Vacations
Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing
Aruba Kite
Sports Camps & Clinics, Gear Rentals, Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing
Aruba kitesurfing school
Vela Sports Aruba
New England
Level Contributor
1,134 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boat Trips/Water Sports

The Black Pearl is steps away from Surf. Holds 20 people. I think this would be a perfect boat for you.

Make reservations on line as it's cheaper and sells out often

Level Contributor
51 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boat Trips/Water Sports

Black pearl for boat trip. There is water sports activity hut to the right of the surf beach. I know they do paddle boating but not sure about wind surfing

Cumming, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
4,974 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boat Trips/Water Sports

I would also look at Tranquilo for a nice relaxing day on the water. They offer a nice excursion which includes snorkeling, lunch and sailing along the coast.

For paddle boards, there may be someone closer to the Marriott, but down Palm Beach between the Occidental and Radisson resorts is Aruba Watersports Center. They rent SUP's.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
26 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boat Trips/Water Sports

I see that the Black Pearl is only from 4-7pm - is this because it is too hot earlier in the day? It looks intimate? Is it mostly for couples?

Florida
Level Contributor
738 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boat Trips/Water Sports

Take a walk up the beach past the Ritz and there is a whole stretch of beach with wind and kite surf huts to choose from. The seen on that beach is one of Aruba's defining pictures in my opinion.

K C
Rochester, Michigan
Level Contributor
83 posts
234 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Boat Trips/Water Sports

The Black Pearl is a sunset cruise. Fabulous - and they serve the best sandwiches!!! I'd go - you'll have fun :-)

San Diego...
Level Contributor
26 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Boat Trips/Water Sports

Ok. I booked the Black Pearl! Now, paddle boarding and wind surfing and I'm set.

Vancouver BC
Level Contributor
4,383 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Boat Trips/Water Sports

For WindSurfing and Kite Surfing its Vela Water Sports. Their place of business is located on the beach between the Marriott Stellaris resort and the Ritz Carleton resort. Check their Web Site below.

Vela Water Sports. -------- velawindsurf.com/html/…aruba.php

Vancouver BC
Level Contributor
4,383 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Boat Trips/Water Sports

For Paddle Boarding there is a place on the beach (when facing the water to the left of Vela's Water Sports) where you can rent a paddle board. They also have other types Water Sports for rent as well. Also, in that area most of the time their is a guy that has a Jet Ski in the water where the boats can come into the beach, and if he is there he sells Fly Boarding time.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,427 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Boat Trips/Water Sports

Your in the perfect spot for paddle boarding and wind surfing, You walk to the water and go left!!! lol This is who i use. http://www.aruba-active-vacations.com

I have been on The Black Pearl many time and i completely disagree that it is what you are looking for.

You asked, It looks intimate? Is it mostly for couples? The answer is yes but add to it ''families.'' Kids will be in school but Sept/Oct is toddler season, IMHO.

You say you are a young 50, wouldn't you want to be on a boat with some people that are not coupled up and that maybe you could make a few vacations friends to go out and meet for a drink or even dinner? You are obviously active as well. Im sure you want to relax on your vacation but it also seems like you would not mind getting out as well. BP does not even play music. it's a 2 stop SUNSET snorkel. Pelican would have been my choice for you. I would book it early in your stay and do the afternoon snorkel that ends up back at BUGALOU Pier at Happy Hour. I bet you meet people on the boat that you end up have a happy hour drink with! This is just IMHO, Does not make it right. If you want a relaxing chill experience with 20 others then BP is it. Im sure you will have a nice conversation with some others on the boat. Some of the other boats i have been on are way more social and i happen to love BP when i am a couple or paired up with other couples. When i want to have a more active fun time with some reggae playing and drinks flowing i choose other boats. It's not like you will be on a boat with a bunch of Spring Break kids. Thats not what it's like at all. I see more groups of women vacationing together in the fall.

PS, You timed this trip great, Thats going to be a great week in Aruba. Right up the beach from you is Moomba beach bar. There is going to be some great parties there that week, see you there! :)

Edited: 1:06 am, July 30, 2014