We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airport return with Balashi

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
49 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
airport return with Balashi

We haven't been to Aruba in 2 years so I forget the best way to bring back Balashi in our checked bags. If I remember correctly, we should buy Balashi after we go through Aruban customs and before we have to pick up our checked backs to take through US customs. Please advise if I have remembered correctly. Thanks!

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,417 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: airport return with Balashi

Have to ask, Why would you want to bring that beer home?

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
49 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: airport return with Balashi

My wife and I love Balashi, It's nice after you are back home to at least to pretend you are back in Aruba, especially in January during a snowstorm :)

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
13,592 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: airport return with Balashi

If you pack them in your checked luggage there is no problem with anyone along the inspection/clerarance line.

We do the same except it's with Amstel Bright.

Edited: 7:23 am, June 30, 2014
Cumming, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
4,891 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: airport return with Balashi

We take home bottles of Amstel Bright. We have hard sided luggage and purchase the beer at the supermarket. My dh has perfected the technique of wrapping each bottle individually with a piece of clothing and then arranging the wrapped bottles in the middle of the suitcase among the other items. Something he could not do if we had to stuff everything in at the airport after purchasing at duty free. ;)

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: airport return with Balashi

My husband brought back 24 cans of Balashi, that he purchased prior to departure day, in a checked soft sided cooler. He has brought it back in his suitcase before but we had the 2 free checked bags through Southwest/AirTran.

6. Re: airport return with Balashi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, July 02, 2015