We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning 2nd trip, need help deciding when

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
30 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
Planning 2nd trip, need help deciding when

Good morning! My husband and I are planning our second trip to Aruba and are looking at going either Mid January or late February/early March. I saw that Carnival is from 1/27 to 2/17, so we are looking to avoid going during that time. We went last year in the beginning of December before high season started and enjoyed the laid back, not too crowded atmosphere. I know going in either January or February it is going to be much more crowded than when we went in December. We will have a great time no matter when we go, I am just wondering between the two time frames we are looking at if there is a better time to go related to the crowds.

Thanks for any advice/insight you can offer!

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,411 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning 2nd trip, need help deciding when

Both times will be crowded but I think mid-January will be less crowded than late Feb/early March. Mid to late Feb. is President's Week (very busy everywhere) and once you head into March you're looking at probably the busiest month on the island (with the exception of Christmas/NYE holidays.)

Lynn, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,832 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Planning 2nd trip, need help deciding when

Where are you staying? It may make a difference when choosing a time period...

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
30 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Planning 2nd trip, need help deciding when

Laryco- We will be staying at the Holiday Inn.

Cumming, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
4,958 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Planning 2nd trip, need help deciding when

After the holidays, January 5 and on, the earlier in January that you travel, the less crowded it will be.

Lexington...
Level Contributor
516 posts
351 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Planning 2nd trip, need help deciding when

No one seems to be addressing the weather issues for you. Mid-January is the tail end of the rainy season - we have been in Aruba during that time and essentially had a week of rain. By late February or early March the rain threat abates considerably. Carnaval is a great time to be there despite the crowd. If you have never seen the Grande or Lighting Parades, they are highly recommended. Recommend late February or early March over late January.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,680 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Planning 2nd trip, need help deciding when

I've been there for Christmas, New Years and a few weeks into January. It quiets down the week after New Years for a couple of weeks.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
30 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Planning 2nd trip, need help deciding when

Thanks everyone for the advice!

8. Re: Planning 2nd trip, need help deciding when

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 31, 2015