We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All inclusive or no

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
44 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
All inclusive or no

Hi all. We are planning our first trip to Aruba( can not wait). Family of 3, 11 years old child. We always use all inclusive resorts when travelling to other caribbean places. I was wondering iif it would be useful in Aruba. Thanks.

Lynn, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,830 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: All inclusive or no

Read the topics on the side....this question appears very often and opinions vary....AI is not necessary here but sometimes a connivence

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,845 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: All inclusive or no

On many islands I would hesitate to wander around in the evening with an 11 year old in tow. Too dangerous, so I would choose AI. Not the case in Aruba. Your family will be safe and the dining options are varied and very good.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,425 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: All inclusive or no

It's very safe to walk around and try some of the great spots Aruba is know for. There are also some nice beach bars where you can get a drink and have lunch with your child in tow. Most Aruba tourist decide against AI.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
629 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: All inclusive or no

We are heading to The Riu All Inclusive with the kids this month. The last trip we did not bring the kids,we stayed at The Marriott Non AI. One of the Great things about Aruba are the Restaurants.So we figured we would eat breakfast,lunch and drink at the Riu which are all included and then head off site at night for some Great restaurants. Meals and drinks can add up in Aruba especially with kids,snacks,drinks,room service,etc. not to mention the adult drinks and meals. Felt like this was the best way to get the best of both worlds without going over budget!

Bondurant, Iowa
Level Contributor
116 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: All inclusive or no

I say no to the all inclusive. Too many great restaurants on the island. Very safe to get to and from these establishments. But is the choice of each individual.

Bondurant, Iowa
Level Contributor
116 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: All inclusive or no

I say no to the all inclusive. Too many great restaurants on the island. Very safe to get to and from these establishments. But is the choice of each individual.

Niskayuna, New York
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,580 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: All inclusive or no

We had three great years at the Tamarijn (all-inclusive) with our kids and everyone loved it. We've also had great non-AI stays at Amsterdam Manor and the Radisson and loved them, too. You can't lose either way.

If you are fond of a tipple and like the convenience of not carrying your cash around, I would stay AI. If you prefer to venture out (and you may do so safely in Aruba), go the other route. Lots of the hotels have meal plans if you want a bit of both.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,262 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: All inclusive or no

I would never do all-inclusive in Aruba but....with kids it might be a nice convenience. It's nice to have the option to do one or the other....whichever suits your needs best.

Cumming, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
4,918 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: All inclusive or no

At the Tamarijn... "Kids Age 12 and Under Stay, Play & Eat FREE"

Free is free :)

jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,401 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: All inclusive or no

While I have never done AI in Aruba and probably won't unless I find a great deal, I do agree that with kids it would be so convenient. As ArubaLisa mentioned, the Tam has an offer that is almost too good to let go.