We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Soul Beach Music Festival 2014

Cumming, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
4,891 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
Soul Beach Music Festival 2014

Sunday night Headliner just announced- Robin Thicke

http://www.soulbeach.net/2014b/index.php

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
2,668 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Soul Beach Music Festival 2014

Hey - hey - hey.

Sorry, couldn't resist. My afternoon caffeine just kicked in...

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,417 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Soul Beach Music Festival 2014

Wow, That's the biggest most relevant headliner Soul Beach has ever had. It makes sense though. The Island is doing everything they can to attract a younger demographic. This is one more indication of that,

add it to the list of a major PR push for Aruba! Anyone from the forum attending Soul Beach this year?

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,615 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Soul Beach Music Festival 2014

Robin Thicke. Wow! maybe Miley Cyrus will ride a wrecking ball. What a vibe. Red wine will counter the caffeine. LOL.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,907 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Soul Beach Music Festival 2014

LOL! I will definitely pass on this "vibe". Hope he doesn't wear the referee suit again.

Edited: 4:41 pm, February 06, 2014
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
10 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Soul Beach Music Festival 2014

This will be my first time in Aruba and attending this festival. Any suggestions on a clean hotel near the concerts? The beach and food are important.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,417 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Soul Beach Music Festival 2014

The resort that is closest to the festival site will be the Adults only Mariott Renaissance. It is not on the beach however, they have a private Island with boat shuttles that takes you back and forth every 15 minutes. The Renn was just renovated and the lobby and BLU Bar are really nice as is the infinity pool. I stayed for a few days during Electric festival last year and 3 weeks ago a stayed for 2 days when i found out Dimitri Vegas and Like Mike we DJing a big party at the pool. The rooms are modern and really nice. If you do end up there request a room on the 5th floor over looking the pool and Ocean. It's across the street form the Ocean and a marina, the view is beautiful. You can walk to the festival from there or take a short cab ride. There might also be secondary events at Blu bar and the pool during the festival. I would inquirer about that. Thats what they did for EL when i was there. If you are just going for 3 to 5 days it's a great choice. Lots of great food choices close by as well. What you won't have is a beach for long walks but the Island is nice for a few days. Check out some vids and pics and you will get a feel for the property. The Renn is where the party will be during Soul Beach and there is more nightlife within walking distance as well.

Eagle beach would be the next closest. There are a number of resorts there and the beach is beautiful. It is really laid back and quiet on Eagle. Knowing your budget would have with choosing a resort.

Palm Beach is 5 more minutes down the road from Eagle. Lots of festival goers should be staying at the Holliday Inn. It is newly renovated and a great bargain. It's in a great location for food and nightlife as well. The beach is not as nice as Eagle IMHO but it's still great. Next to HI is Moomba Beach bar. Just a 15 second walk or 2 minute crawl back! ! LOL. They also do events associated with Souls Beach during the festival. I would look into that as well.

PS, The Marriott Renn in town also has a a properly that is not adults only and has bigger rooms and timeshare condos to rent. It gives you access to the Island and a small manmade beach by the pools.

Edited: 9:18 am, February 16, 2014
Cumming, Georgia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,891 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Soul Beach Music Festival 2014

Talk of the Town is a budget hotel that may be good if you are looking to save some $$$. It is across the street from Nikki Beach/Surfside Beach/Reflextions Beach.

Edited: 12:30 pm, February 16, 2014
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Soul Beach Music Festival 2014

Does anyone know where the Robin Thicke concert will be and how far is it from the Marriott Aruba Surf Club?

Thanks

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,417 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Soul Beach Music Festival 2014

It will be located on a beach close to the airport. With no traffic Surf Club would be around 10 minutes from the site. Expect some traffic.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,054 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Soul Beach Music Festival 2014

Babyface will be a headliner at the Soul Beach Music Festival on Saturday, May 24. Robin Thicke is the headliner on Sunday, May 25.