We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant for special birthday

New York
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant for special birthday

We (me, my wife and 8 yo son) will be going to Aruba in November for our second time and this time we will be celebrating my birthday (starts with a 5 and ends with a 0). For those that have been to Aruba many times, can you recommend a nice restaurant that consistently delivers both good food and good atmosphere that would be good for us for my birthday? I would like a place that is a least above a bar-type restaurant.

Thanks in advance

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,356 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant for special birthday

Madame Janette

White Modern Cuisine - Palm Beach Mall

Water's Edge - Costa Linda

Elements - Bucuti Resort

Windows on Aruba - Divi Golf

Manasquan, NJ
Level Contributor
785 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant for special birthday

Simply Fish.

I would also recommend the Hyatt special dinner on the beach. Only 5 tables.

…hyatt.com/en/…FootprintsBeachGrill.html

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
241 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant for special birthday

Not sure where you are staying, but we do enjoy Barefoot every time we go. It may be a little more expensive than what you are looking for and maybe a bit out of the way. If your son will be with you that night also he can hang out on the sand and play in the very calm water if you want. On weekends there usually seems to be a mix of locals and tourists on the beach. Okay that being said I guess you could find this atmosphere at any of the beach restaurants. Butt that is my 2 cents :)

Happy birthday, enjoy!

New York
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant for special birthday

Thanks so far for all the replies.

I should add that we will have a rental car so any spot on the island is open for us.

White Plains, New...
Destination Expert
for White Plains, Aruba
Level Contributor
6,333 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant for special birthday

happy Birthday....I also recommend Barefoot. Nice place, open air seating, if you want. Beautiful Aruba night

Enjoy

Manasquan, NJ
Level Contributor
785 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant for special birthday

Forgot the Hyatt also does a private dinner too.

hyatt.com/hyatt/images/hotels/aruba/Pampered…

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,688 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant for special birthday

We celebrated my wife's BD at LaTrattoria by the Lighthouse. There is no better view in Aruba. They brought out a small cake and sang HB. Really enjoyable evening. I also would recommend Barefoot. Beautiful setting on the beach. Great food/service.

CT
Level Contributor
1,868 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurant for special birthday

With an 8 year old, id go madame janettes. The outdoor/beach side restaurants are usually just couples.

Papiamento would also be cool for an 8 year old, as the ambiance is pretty interesting. Just be warned, there's an inground pool.

9. Re: Restaurant for special birthday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, September 11, 2014