We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Radison or Renaissance

Maidenhead, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Radison or Renaissance

Hi,

Hoping someone can help. We are really confused between these two hotels. we are a young(ish) couple, 30 and with a child on the way. we are coming out to Aruba at the beginning of August. We like eating at nice places, really love the beach life and just want some R&R.

Can anyone help or even recommend any other hotels in the same price range?

jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,219 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Radison or Renaissance

IMO, these resorts will give you 2 different experiences. The Radisson is on the beach in the center of the high rise area of Palm Beach, the Renaissance is not and is in the center of downtown Oranjestad. You will need to take a shuttle by boat to their private island which many people love. Without knowing what price range you were quoted, it's hard to suggest anything. The Westin comes to mind (on Palm Beach as well).

I think in order for you to decide where you really want to stay, you should read the FAQ's over to the right, specifically "Where to stay - High Rise or Low Rise Area". This will give you an idea of what each location has to offer.

Hull, Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,002 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Radison or Renaissance

JL has laid it out nicely for you. I've stayed at both of these hotels and I couldn't really compare them. My personal preference is the Radisson, but that's because I very much prefer staying right on the Beach. You'll find other people will pick the Ren for the private island and being able to walk all around downtown.

If you read about both hotels here on the forum, I think you'll get enough honest information to make a good choice for what will be a memorable trip.

Maidenhead, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Radison or Renaissance

Thanks both for your responses - much appreciated :-)

Maidenhead, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Radison or Renaissance

Do wither of you know if the Westin is rowdy - we dont want a place full of a party type crowd - we do want some R&R, also is where the Westin is located quite windy in August?

Cumming, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
4,891 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Radison or Renaissance

Aruba is perfect for r & r.

Aruba overall is not a "party type crowd". You will find couples, honeymooners, and families. Definitely not a Cancun experience.

The Westin is on one of the windiest parts of Palm Beach.

If you are looking for something quieter than Palm Beach have you considered the Amsterdam Manor? It is a very short 5 minute taxi or bus ride away from Palm Beach.

Maidenhead, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Radison or Renaissance

Great thanks for the reply.

I think we are leaning towards the Radisson at the moment - the beach does look amazing!

massachusettes
Level Contributor
359 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Radison or Renaissance

The Radisson has beautiful grounds and a very nice pool area- with that being said it is quite a walk to the beach( you have to walk through all the beautiful grounds and pool area). The Westin is a really short walk to the beach once you leave the hotel( the pool is more to the side and grounds are less deep). I have never stayed at the redisso n but always said I wanted to. When we were at the Weston a few different couples said to us that they preferred the Weston over the Radisson because of how close you were to the beach( they had all been to both hotels).i did not find the beach any windier than other places I have been to on Eagle beach and was more sandblasted at the Riu beach when we visited friends on that beach. We do not use the pool so if the pool is important to you then I would go with the Radisson. Also the Radisson is closer to walking to restaurants for dinner. The Radisson is probably a lot shinier and newer than The Westin but will also cost you more $$. The Westin has wonderful beds and customer service and we got free buffet breakfast when we made our reservations and saved 700 dollars over the Radisson! Whatever you decide have a great vacation- we LOVE Aruba!

Cumming, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
4,891 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Radison or Renaissance

I have to say that we have stayed at both the Radisson and Westin and would go with whichever fits your budget best.

There are 3 different buildings at the Radisson. If quick access to the beach is an issue, I would request a room in the Bonaire tower. It is centrally located to the pool and the beach just beyond and next to Laguna Restaurant for breakfast.

9. Re: Radison or Renaissance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, June 12, 2014