We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

OK...After Trying...

Cape Cod...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Provincetown
Level Contributor
4,450 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
OK...After Trying...

After trying to deal with the Divi over being robbed at the Links on Flag Day, I am ready to tell it all. People broke into the room (while I was sleeping in the bedroom with the door closed) through the slider, we were on the first floor. Since I was in the bedroom, I had everything out to bring to the beach the next day so I would not wake up my husband.

Stolen was:

Laptop

iPad

3 Kindles

Bose Noise Canceling Headphones

Sony Noise Cancelation Headphones

Setar Router

+++++

Divi did nothing. Even asked if they would give us AI if we go back, have heard nothing in 3 weeks about that. Have reservations down for 10/25 and 12/25 plus rooms booked at the Divi.

Glad I own there and pay my money as they will not help when problems start. Terrible company!

Must have been an inside job as no walkway in front of our room, only a water area.

Thanks Divi!

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
14,942 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: OK...After Trying...

Wow...I'm sorry. That really stinks! :(

Cape Cod...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Provincetown
Level Contributor
4,450 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: OK...After Trying...

Between the security taking 45 minutes to arrive and the police taking over 1.5 hours to arrive, it is not a good sign. The police said they have been to the Divi Resorts often for robberies. I would not tell anyone to stay at any Divi Resort. This is from someone who has stayed at a Divi Resort over 20 times!

Niskayuna, New York
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,489 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: OK...After Trying...

I'm really, really sorry. How awful for you. Shame on the Divi management.

Boston...
Level Contributor
24 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: OK...After Trying...

was the stick in the door jam? That's scary, we had someone asking if us girls "wanted to party" out side our patio 1st floor, scary and when I spoke with management they said they did not have enough security.

Limerick...
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: OK...After Trying...

Divi is like a car dealer.

Once you purchase they could not care less about you.

Sign me as a former Divi owner.

Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
2,535 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: OK...After Trying...

Aside from the stolen property...I can't even imagine waking up and realizing someone had been in my room while we slept. So sorry you had to go through that and even sorrier that the Divi doesn't feel the same way :(

Hull, Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,019 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: OK...After Trying...

So sorry for you, but I'm not surprised by Divi's response. I don't think too many owners would be. Much as I love our time at the Phoenix, I usually recommend other timeshares if people want to buy. The management is so far away and out of touch and therefore not very engaged.

Again, sorry for what happened.

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,167 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: OK...After Trying...

I am so sorry for what you have gone through and for the poor response you received. I can't imagine how scared you must have felt. This is horrible and I appreciate your honesty and willingness to share your information.

Cape Cod...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Provincetown
Level Contributor
4,450 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: OK...After Trying...

The wood was in the door, but the wood was not long enough. The day after they gave us a longer piece of wood. Like that helped.....

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,281 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: OK...After Trying...

Unfortunately, it seems to be this way everywhere you travel. Poor security, lack of empathy from management, indications of an inside job and slow, ineffective response from police. Even with the risk of bad publicity on TA, nothing seems to get done to help the victims.

So sorry for your losses and your lost faith.