We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3.5 Star Aruba Hotwire Hotel = Holiday Inn

San Ramon...
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Topic
3.5 Star Aruba Hotwire Hotel = Holiday Inn

Not sure how useful this information will be to anyone but there is only one 3.5 star hotel that shows up for Aruba in a Hotwire search and its finally been verified as Holiday Inn on betterbidding.com

This isn't my first choice for a hotel in Aruba but someone posted a win of $61 a night for 7 nights :) For that price I might consider it! Would be nice if I could locate pics of the new pool and renovated rooms in the reopened Curacao Tower. I love the location but the standard rooms........eh. Here are the amenities listed on Hotwire for the hotel

Resort

Beachfront Property

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Laundry Facilities (self-service)

High-Speed Internet Access

Golf Nearby

Tennis Nearby

Spa Services

Children's Activity Program

Cumming, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
4,918 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3.5 Star Aruba Hotwire Hotel = Holiday Inn

Here are photos of the pool arubabound.com/photos/…hi_pool.htm

San Ramon...
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 3.5 Star Aruba Hotwire Hotel = Holiday Inn

Those resemble the photos of the two main pools listed on their website. Which one is the third pool by the Curacao building?

Vancouver BC
Level Contributor
4,093 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3.5 Star Aruba Hotwire Hotel = Holiday Inn

Do you go to Aruba for your room or for the pools or for the beach?

San Ramon...
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 3.5 Star Aruba Hotwire Hotel = Holiday Inn

Honestly when I travel all of the above are important to me. I know a lot of people say they don't go on vacation to sit in their room but it matters to me. I don't plan to be a hermit but when I am in my room Id rather it not be musty or in dire need of an update. this is everyones first trip to Aruba. 6 people in total are going, half are leaning toward Marriott and the more frugal types in the group are saying let's give the Holiday Inn a chance depending on how the new rooms/pool are looking. Maybe we can split our time between the two hotels and that way hopefully everyone would be satisfied

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,425 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3.5 Star Aruba Hotwire Hotel = Holiday Inn

I agree, my living conditions for my stay matter to me as well, However, for that price and knowing the beach front location of the HI, I would take that in a heartbeat. You can't get a flee bag Jersey Turnpike highway hotel for $60 a night! If you don't lime the room you can keep yourself busy elsewhere with all the money you are saving!

San Ramon...
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 3.5 Star Aruba Hotwire Hotel = Holiday Inn

lol @ Jersey Turnpike highway hotel! This is good advice though :) Thank you everydaysunshine, I agree we could find plenty of things to do outside the room if it were distasteful to some. I couldn't believe that price. I was thinking maybe the person really got lucky with their dates in August but its the same price for 7 nights in October.

Vancouver BC
Level Contributor
4,093 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 3.5 Star Aruba Hotwire Hotel = Holiday Inn

Well I have not seen inside the rooms of the Holiday Inn, but the Holiday Inn property on the beach side for pools covers more beach area than most resorts. They also have many palapas on the beach itself. They look like they were easy to get as a few were not being used when I saw them in April. Also the location is good as close to Restraunts on the street side. The price is good also, I'd say go with your friends have a good time with them. Then Your next trip with yourself can go for the expensive room.

Canada
Level Contributor
2,015 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 3.5 Star Aruba Hotwire Hotel = Holiday Inn

If you want to compromise between HI and Marriott - try Westin or Radisson.

We have been to Aruba 6 times and -IMO- I would not stay at HI if rooms mean ANYTHING to you. BUT !!! - it is a great price !!!!!!!!!

If some of your friends are leaning towards Marriott they WILL NOT want HI.

Do some research and see what Westin or Radisson can do for you/

Just my humble opinion

Edited: 7:14 pm, May 03, 2013
San Ramon...
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: 3.5 Star Aruba Hotwire Hotel = Holiday Inn

Not a fan of Westin properties. I've given them a try twice and each time the quality was not what I expected. They claim 4 star I say 3-3 1/2 at best. If we ended up at the Holiday Inn I would reasonably lower my expectations. (trying to work with others and be understanding but darnit its my birthday vacation) The Radisson was being considered but its more expensive than the Marriott and for some reason when I searched for a AAA discount the Radisson price went up to $287 for a garden view room when the regular rate for the same type is $215. Odd way of providing a discount............

Niskayuna, New York
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,580 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 3.5 Star Aruba Hotwire Hotel = Holiday Inn

Also? The Radisson is NOT a "compromise" in Aruba. NOT AT ALL.