We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

snorkel excursion?

Wilmington, Delaware
1 post
Save Topic
snorkel excursion?

So many to choose from. What is the best snorkel excursion to go on, that is kid friendly? I want to take my son with me, he is 7.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
833 posts
309 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: snorkel excursion?

I would check out Aruba Bob. Kent, Stuart, and Kat are down home friendly and they take you to Mangel Alto where there is plenty to see. They use "water scooters" that help pull you through the water and have VERY good equipment.

Here's a video interview and you'll see some great stuff underwater as well:

bentpage.net/2012/…

Enjoy your visit.

Cumming, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
4,944 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: snorkel excursion?

I would look at either Jolly Pirates or Tranquilo.

Cary, North Carolina
Level Contributor
847 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: snorkel excursion?

I would check out the Black Pearl. Very nice sunset cruise with sandwiches drinks and 3 snorkel spots.

LaGrangeville, New...
Level Contributor
1,663 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: snorkel excursion?

With kids.. jolly pirates with rope swing for sure.

Boston MA
Level Contributor
135 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: snorkel excursion?

I will be in Aruba next month with our 2 kids and we plan on doing our snorkel excursion with Jolly Pirates.

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
122 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: snorkel excursion?

Aruba Bob @ Mangel Alto IMO would be too much for a 7 year old ; currents can be very

difficult & water scooters may be also! Shore snorkeling from Catalina Cove would be safer.

Jolly Pirates use this area for snorkelling. Have fun!

ENFIELD
Level Contributor
26 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: snorkel excursion?

We had Captain Rene take us for a boat ride last week in Aruba. I think he generally does "snorkeling" trips. It is a private trip. He is reasonable and I believe has snorkel equipment. Boat seats up to 8 people. He allows you to tailor your own excursion. He is listed under the activity section as "Snorkeling Aruba".

8. Re: snorkel excursion?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, March 15, 2014