We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time at MIA ... Best lunch place???

Cary, North Carolina
Level Contributor
969 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
First time at MIA ... Best lunch place???

I will be flying into MIA for about a 2 hr layover on my way to Aruba. I will be on AA, I assume this is concourse D. There seems to be a lot of places to eat! What is your favorite place for lunch and perhaps a beer too (if they sell beer at 10:00am LOL)?

I noticed there many duty free within D too. I assume they will be open in the morning?

Thanks Jeff

Mentioned in this post
Aruba
Aruba
Caribbean
Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
2,305 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time at MIA ... Best lunch place???

La Carreta if you like Cuban food - especially Cuban sandwiches. They do have beer. There are a lot of places though including a Corona Cafe which I have never been in but certainly the name sets the mood for a great vacation start.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
833 posts
318 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time at MIA ... Best lunch place???

There's a place called "Clubhouse" (I think...). They make very nice salads and club sandwiches. Just be careful of the check. They add in a gratuity, which you can accept or change. The food is good and the service is good. As mentioned, just double check the bill.

Safe travels,

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,568 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time at MIA ... Best lunch place???

I believe TGI Fridays in in there.

Edited: 11:51 am, March 01, 2013
Bronx, New York
Level Contributor
223 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time at MIA ... Best lunch place???

I agree with beachfan101. La Carreta is an excellent Cuban restaurant. Located at D38. Versailles is another Cuban restaurant.

5. Re: First time at MIA ... Best lunch place???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 03, 2014